Top End National Parks
Cruise the stunning Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park, find hidden waterfalls and walking trails in Litchfield National Park, and learn about ancient Aboriginal culture in Kakadu National Park. This is a Journey of nature, scenery and the great outdoors.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover the ancient Aboriginal art of Kakadu National Park
- Cruise the Katherine River and admire the dramatic cliffs of Katherine Gorge
- Explore the wild, jagged scenery of Litchfield National Park
- Spot saltwater crocodiles as you cruise past birds and wildflowers on a boat trip
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 8 nights in 4.5-5* hotels & hand-picked accommodation
- 8 days' car hire
- NitNit Dreaming cruise (Katherine & Nitmiluk Gorges)
Need to know
- Arrives: Darwin International Airport (DRW)
- Time difference: GMT+9.5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 19 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Here, you’ll discover laid-back Darwin, a tropical city and veritable hotpot of cultures, with Asian, Indian and Aboriginal styles in evidence in the food, music and culture. For a bit of history, check out the Old Court House, built in 1884, or the Fanny Bay Gaol, constructed in 1883.
4.5* Oaks Elan
Kakadu National Park
You’ll stay two nights in the Mary River Wetlands area and one night in the heart of Kakadu National Park itself, overlooking the tranquil Yellow Water Billabong. Kakadu is home to large numbers of saltwater crocodiles, which can reach up to five metres in length. Spot them on the Home Billabong Cruise, where your experienced guide will also teach you all about the birdlife and wildflowers. .
4.5* Wildman Wilderness Lodge & 3* Cooinda Lodge Kakadu
Home Billabong Cruise
Head to Katherine, the gateway to Nitmiluk National Park and the spectacular Katherine Gorge. The best way to explore is on foot or on the water, either in a boat or under your own steam in a kayak. Your Journey includes a NitNit Dreaming cruise, where you’ll sail between the sheer rocky sides of both Katherine and Nitmiluk Gorges while learning about the traditions and customs of the local Jawoyn people. In Katherine itself, there’s a small museum telling the history of the area.
5* Cicada Lodge
NitNit Dreaming cruise (Katherine & Nitmiluk Gorges)
On your way back to Darwin, call in at Litchfield National Park and explore its waterfalls, hike its walking tracks and discover its dense forests. Look out for the intriguing magnetic termite mounds, which are aligned in a north to south direction to regulate temperature. As well as cooling off in the park’s waterholes, remember to keep a look out for the park’s flora and fauna – you can spot wallabies, possums, dingoes, and enormous saltwater crocodiles, known as ‘salties’.
4.5* Oaks Elan
Depart Darwin and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.