Colours of Queensland
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Staying on four of the best islands in the region, you’ll swim in freshwater lakes, laze on perfect white sand beaches, and grab a snorkel or dive beneath the waves to discover a magical underwater world.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Indulge in the laid-back café culture of Brisbane
- Discover the Great Barrier Reef
- Explore the beautiful Cape Tribulation – where the rainforest meets the reef
- Sail from Hamilton Island to the gorgeous white sands of Whitehaven Beach
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect International flights with Etihad Airways & internal flights
- Authentic local experiences
- 13 nights in 4-5* hotels & hand picked accommodation
- 4 days’ car hire
- Whitehaven Beach half-day tour
- Outer Barrier Reef tour
- Cape Tribulation, Daintree Rainforest and Mossman Gorge day tour
- All airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 21 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Explore the vibrant city of Brisbane, a thriving and cosmopolitan metropolis known for its subtropical climate. Wander through world-class galleries, sip on luscious cocktails in the bars and enjoy al-fresco meals in the sunshine by the lazy Brisbane River. While you’re here, you can get up close to Australia’s most popular native animals at the world’s largest koala park, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, where koala cuddling and kangaroo feeding are the top activities.
4.5* Next Hotel Brisbane
Lamington National Park
Stretching across nearly 50,000 acres, here you can discover over 160 bird species, a plethora of forest types – from sub-tropical to dry eucalyptus – and abundant waterfalls. Beauty abounds here. Part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia, this UNESCO-listed gem is great for getting in touch with nature, best experienced via the 99+ miles of hiking trails, or from your balcony overlooking rainforest and mountains.
3.5* O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat
You’ll be staying in Broadbeach, a stone’s throw from the iconic Surfers Paradise and the heritage-listed Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. When you’re not riding a wave or lazing on the sand, perhaps stock up your suitcase at the Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, explore the Broadbeach Art and Craft Market, or set up a picnic and barbecue with your friends and family at the riverside Cascade Gardens.
5* Peppers Broadbeach
Once reserved for romantic honeymooners and laid-back yacht enthusiasts, Hamilton now offers quad biking, go-karting, fishing and world-class golfing, along with more than 12 miles of walking trails. But perhaps best of all is the top-shelf snorkelling in its pristine waters. While you’re here, board your boat for a scenic cruise to Whitehaven Beach, a mesmerising swirl of white sand and bright azure seas, with a stop off at Daydream Island for a spot of sunbathing.
4* Reef View Hotel
Whitsunday Islands and Whitehaven Beach tour
This town is the perfect entry point for exploring the natural wonders of the Daintree Rainforest, and spotting its varied flora and fauna. Spend lazy days kicking back on Four Mile Beach's spectacular stretch of coastline, sprinkled with white sand and lapped by turquoise waters. Take a stroll along the dappled streets, browse the boutique shops and admire the historical architecture, soaking in the relaxed, small-town atmosphere.
4.5* Shantara Resort
Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef tour; Cape Tribulation, Daintree Rainforest and Mossman Gorge day tour