Luxury Great Barrier Reef & Hinterland
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
After couple of days exploring Queensland’s capital Brisbane, spend lazy days on the state’s island’s and beaches, swimming and snorkelling in the warm waters, searching for tropical fish or indulging with a relaxing spa treatment or two.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Chill out on the picture-perfect beaches of Hamilton Island
- Snorkel, swim or dive in warm azure waters filled with colourful fish
- Set off on a bushwalk or two and explore dense eucalyptus forests home to countless birds
- Ride the famous Skyrail cableway to the quaint village of Kuranda
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights & internal flights
- Authentic local experiences
- 15 nights in 5* hotels
- 6 days’ car hire
- Cairns to Lizard Island scenic flight
- Kuranda & Skyrail Down Under Tours
- Private return transfers from Cairns to Palm Cove
Need to know
- Arrives: Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 21 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
When not eating and drinking there are plenty of museums and galleries to explore, or you could head down to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary to make friends with the locals (of the fluffy variety) – you can cuddle koalas and hand-feed kangaroos here.
4.5* Next Hotel Brisbane
Head south to Maryvale and enjoy the relaxing surroundings of Spicers Peak Lodge, which offers gorgeous views of Queensland’s Scenic Rim from its mountaintop position. Here you can choose to be as active as you like – dine in style at the lodge’s top-notch restaurant, pamper yourself in the spa, go for a dip in the pool or head out on a bush walk or mountain bike ride among the eucalyptus trees.
5* Spicers Peak Lodge
Staying at the Spicers Tamarind Retreat and Spa, you’ll have plenty of time to indulge in the spa or chill out in the pool. If you fancy getting out and about there are plenty of walking trails to choose from, or choose to take a drive through the nearby Glass House Mountains National Park, home to some striking ancient monoliths.
5* Spicers Tamarind
Here, crystal clear blue seas and white sandy beaches are the order of the day. Take a stroll along the sands or simply find a palm tree to chill under with a book and a glass of something cool. When all that sun-seeking gets too much, there are plenty of activities to entertain too – choose from quad biking, go karting, fishing and golf, as well as a range of walking trails.
Explore the colourful corals in a glass-bottomed boat or grab a snorkel, which along with motorised dinghies, tennis, paddle skis and picnic hampers, are included at your resort. So what better excuse to head to a remote sand bar and chill out with a picnic lunch? Alternatively you could set sail on a romantic sunset cruise or treat yourself to a pamper session in the spa.
5* Lizard Island Resort
Cairns to Lizard Island scenic flight
This lazy stretch of tree-lined sand and sea is home to a small population of locals with perennial smiles. Located 16 miles north of Cairns, this resort village dishes up golf, horse riding and spa treatments with an air of casual chic. The Cove’s finest offerings are its quiet book-reading beaches, lush rainforest and resting reef. While you’re here, explore the Daintree Rainforest and take a trip on the Skyrail to the forest village of Kuranda.
5* Peppers Beach Club & Spa
Kuranda & Skyrail Down Under Tours