Mystical China Revealed
Walk along the meandering Great Wall of China and enter the Forbidden City in Beijing, marvel at the 8000 strong army of terracotta warriors in Xi’an and take a relaxing river cruise in Shanghai.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the exquisite historical relics of downtown Beijing
- Marvel at the enormity of the famous Great Wall of China
- Gaze across a sea of clay faces at the Terracotta Warriors
- Admire the bright lights of the Shanghai skyline
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 8 nights in 5* hotels
- Great Wall, Ming Tombs & Roast Duck Dinner tour
- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City & Opera Show tour
- Tang Dynasty Show & Dinner
- Terracotta Warriors, Hot Springs & Dumpling Dinner tour
- Huangpu River Cruise
- Shanghai Walking Tour
- All transfers aboard a private vehicle
Need to know
- Arrives: Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
- Time difference: GMT+8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Standard Mandarin
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY)
- Flying time from UK: Around 18 hours via Dubai
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 220 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Touch down in Beijing and discover the city’s charms, from its most famous landmark at Tiananmen Square to the fascinating history of the Forbidden City and the Imperial Palace. Watch the locals practising Tai Chi at the Temple of Heaven, visit the Ming Tombs, burial place of 13 emperors, and walk the epic Great Wall of China, a truly spectacular piece of engineering in a stunning mountain setting not too far from the city. Spend the evening tucking in to a plate of succulent roast duck before enjoying a lively performance of Chinese Opera.
5* Peninsula Beijing
Includes a Private Great Wall, Ming Tombs & Roast Duck Dinner tour; a Private Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Panda Hall, Summer Palace & Beijing Opera Show tour
Fly on to Xi’an, once the eastern terminus of the Silk Road. This was China’s capital for 13 dynasties and it’s unsurprisingly full of history, with ruins, museums and relics to be explored. Today it is a modern city but retains pockets of the traditional, particularly in the atmospheric Muslim Quarter and within the ancient city walls. The fortifications are the world’s largest - 12m high and 18m wide at their base, and 15m wide on top - wide enough to ride a bike on the top, a popular pastime. Take in the spectacle of a Tang Dynasty show or perhaps visit the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda. Let’s not forget Xi’an’s star attraction, the Terracotta Warriors, an army of clay soldiers created around 2200 years ago.
5* Sofitel Hotel Xian
Includes a Tang Dynasty Show & Dinner with private transfers; a Private Terracotta Warriors, Huaqing Hot Springs, Banpo Neolithic Village & Dumpling Dinner tour
Welcome to Shanghai, a symbol of modern China. Cruise along the Huangpu River before soaking up the city sights on a walking tour. Be sure to take a stroll along The Bund’s promenade and admire the French and Art Deco style architecture, as well as the iconic skyline, most striking when lit up at night. Treat yourself to some fabulous Cantonese food, browse the markets for souvenirs and discover the history of this shiny, glamourous city.
4.5* Sofitel Hyland Shanghai
Includes a Huangpu River Cruise with private transfers – 6:00pm; a Half-day private Shanghai Walking Tour – 8:30am
Depart Shanghai and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.