Rock, Reef & Rainforest
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Head into the Red Centre and soak up the Outback scenery
- Watch the illuminations twinkle at the Field of Light installation at the base of Uluru
- Set sail to the Outer Great Barrier Reef and snorkel among colourful fish
- Hike among the ancient forests of the Daintree, filled with native wildlife
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights with Qantas
- 10 nights 4-4.5* hotels
- 7 days’ car hire
- Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
- A Night at Field of Light
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Alice Springs Airport (ASP)
- Time difference: GMT+9.5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 20 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
It’s also set among some impressive Outback scenery: think red sands, wind-smoothed sandstone rocks and plenty of breath-taking views. In town, you can choose to browse the markets – a great place to pick up traditional Indigenous dot paintings – or take a look around the Alice Springs Desert Park.
4.5* Mercure Alice Springs
Take in its sheer size by walking around its base, or simply admire it from afar. Later, you’ll enjoy canapés and sip sparkling wine as you observe the rock turn various shades of purple, pink and orange as the sun sets then, as dark descends, watch over 50,000 lights come to life as you enjoy a three-course dinner overlooking the Field of Light art installation.
4.5* Desert Gardens Hotel
Night at the Field of Light
Hop on board a catamaran and set sail for the outer corals, dive down beneath the waves and explore this colourful world, either by diving or snorkelling or, if you prefer to stay dry, by semi-submersible. Moored at Agincourt Reef, you’ll also have the chance to watch the fish, which include butterfly fish, parrot fish and angel fish, from a unique underwater viewing platform and underwater observatory.
4.5* Mantra Aqueous on Port
Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
Look for birds, possums, lizards and bats on a night walk among the trees, some of which are thought to be around 120 million years old. Spend some time exploring – perhaps on foot on one of the many boardwalks, by boat or by kayak, or even on a zip lining adventure.
4* Daintree Ecolodge