Theme Parks & National Park
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Head to Disney California Adventure Park and meet your favourite Disney characters
- Set off on a hike through Indian Canyons, the ancestral home of the Cahuilla Indians
- Check out the Lego sculptures at LEGOLAND California
- Learn to surf on Huntington Beach with a family surf lesson
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights with Virgin Atlantic / Delta Air Lines
- 11 nights in 4-5* hotels
- 12 days' free car hire
- Disney 2 day hopper tickets
- Indian Canyons Jeep & Hiking tour
- Legoland tickets
- Family surf lesson on Huntington Beach
Need to know
- Arrives: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to
Not only does it boast a gorgeous climate all year round but it’s proudly home to the first ever Disney theme park, Disneyland. Divided into eight extravagantly themed lands, the world-famous theme park has provided generations of families with fun-packed holidays. As if that wasn’t exciting enough, right next door you’ll find even more rides, characters and creatively themed lands at Disney California Adventure Park. This itinerary includes a 2-day hopper ticket, which means you can visit both of these parks during your two days here.
4* Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance
Disney 2 day hopper tickets
This little oasis-like city will be your base while you soak up some sunshine and explore the surrounding mountains. It’s a popular getaway destination for Hollywood stars looking for some time out of LA so keep your eyes peeled, you never know who you might bump into. To give you a balance of chill out time and excitement, our Experts have included a three-hour jeep tour that takes you out to Indian Canyons, the ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians. Not only will your friendly guide entertain you with stories about the Cahuilla people, they will also lead you on a one mile hike among stunning rock formations and treat you to a view of the largest natural palm oasis in North America.
5* Hyatt regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Indian Canyons Jeep & Hiking tour
There are 70 miles of beaches here, so you’ve got lots to choose from. If you choose La Jolla Beach, keep an eye out for sea lions sunning themselves close to La Jolla Cove, which are best spotted on a relaxed kayaking tour. San Diego also boasts world-class attractions such as San Diego Zoo and LEGOLAND California, and you won’t want to miss the aquatic park at Mission Beach or the mouth-watering cuisine in the city’s Little Italy too.
4* LEGOLAND Hotel
You’ll take a two hour surf lesson that’s tailored specifically for families on their first surf experience. Travelling between May and November? Why not set off on a fun-filled whale watching tour as the annual blue whale migration route passes through the waters off Newport Beach.
4* Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Family surf lesson on Huntington Beach