Japanese Cities & Culture
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Learn to play the traditional Japanese drum in Tokyo
- Cycle around farming villages and rice fields in beautiful Takayama Hida
- Have a go at origami paper folding in Kyoto
- Learn how to fight crime on an exciting ninja training session
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4-4.5* hotels and handpicked accommodation.
- Tokyo morning tour
- Taiko Experience
- Takayama Hida Furukawa cycling tour
- Kanazawa Highlights tour
- Kyoto Morning Tour
- Origami lesson
- Ninja Training session
- Japan Rail Pass
Need to know
- Arrives: Tokyo Haneda International Airport (HND)
- Time difference: GMT+9
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a tourist visa for stays up to 90 days
- Language: Japanese
- Flying time from UK: Around 19 hours (via Dubai)
- Plug type: 2-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 100 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Check out the stunning Sensō-ji temple for starters, then perhaps visit the electronics district at Akihabara, where you’ll find all sorts of electronic gadgets and software as well as anime and manga comics. Later on, treat the kids to a fun, and rather noisy Taiko Experience, where they’ll learn how to play the Japanese drum.
4.5* Keio Plaza Hotel
Tokyo morning tour Taiko Experience
Takayama’s old town is particularly well preserved and retains its traditional ways of life. The best way to explore is on your Takayama Hida Furukawa cycling tour. Taking you through the farming villages and rice fields with a knowledgeable guide, who will help you understand more about life in this beautiful bucolic region, this light-hearted cycling tour is fun for all the family.
3* Hoshokaku Takayama
Takayama Hida Furukawa cycling tour
Take a look around the beautiful flowers and ponds of Kenrokuen Garden, the Nagamachi samurai district and Kanazawa Castle, which is slowly being renovated after several fires over the centuries. Don’t leave without trying the excellent Kanazawa cuisine, which focuses on seafood.
4* ANA Crowne Plaza Kanazawa
Kanazawa Highlights tour
Visit Kyoto Imperial Palace, built in 1855, former home to the Emperor of Japan and found in the pretty grounds of Tokyo Imperial Park. The children will love the atmospheric Nijo castle, with its two concentric moats, as well as the beautiful Golden Pavilion. Later, try your hand at making ninja stars in an origami class and then put the finishing touches to your ninja skills with a ninja training session, where you can even dress up like a real ninja, complete with a (rubber) sword.
4* Hotel Gracery Kyoto Sanjo
Kyoto Morning Tour Origami lesson Ninja Training session