Cambodia & Laos Explorer
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Admire the golden spired roof of the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh
- Feast on Cambodian curries washed down with a local beer in Siem Reap
- Discover the many temples of Angkor, each different in style
- Soak up the atmosphere in Luang Prabang, filled with temples, palaces and monks
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 13 nights in 4-5* hotels
- Genocide Museum/Killing Fields tour
- Phnom Penh Royal Palace & Cyclo tour
- Tonle Sap boat tour
- Private Angkor Thom & Angkor Wat tour
- 1 night Vientiane to Luang Prabang tour including 2 lunches, 1 breakfast
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Khmer
- Currency: Cambodian Riel (KHR)
- Flying time from UK: around 15 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to
Head through the bustling streets, dodge the motorbikes and tour the glittering Royal Palace, covered with ornate gilding. Within the palace grounds is the opulent Silver Pagoda, whose 5000 silver tiles glitter in the sunlight. But that’s not all – a solid gold Buddha stands in their midst, covered in over 2000 diamonds. After all that, it’s time for a bit of history as you learn about Cambodia’s troubled past at the Genocide Museum and view the 8000 skulls on display at the chilling Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
4* White Mansion Boutique Hotel
Royal Palaces & Cyclo Tour Genocide Museum & Killing Fields Tour
Discover the beautiful mangroves of Baklang Beach and the scenic delights of the Ta Tai River and its accompanying waterfall, and don’t miss the Cardamom Mountains – these exotic sounding peaks were once the sight of a brutal Khmer Rouge battle. Today, the misty forests are filled with history, hiking trails, and the occasional Asian elephant.
5* 4 Rivers Lodge
Gaze up at the giant faces staring back at you from the temple of Angkor Thom and then watch as the jungle takes over the corridors of mystical Wat itself. Each temple is different, so it’s worth exploring a good selection and choosing your favourite. After all the temples, immerse yourself in life on the lake as you cruise the calm waters of Tonle Sap, passing the floating fishing villages and observing the prolific bird life.
4* The Aviary Hotel
Tonle Sap Boat Tour Private Angkor Thom & Angkor Wat Tour
Admire the French colonial buildings and blooming flowers, try out the many bakeries and cafes, tempting you in with fresh croissants and cappuccinos, and watch the world go by. In town, take a look around the Lao National Museum, and pose for photos by the Patuxai victory gate, which closely resembles France’s Arc de Triomphe.
4* Lao Plaza Hotel
After lunch at an organic farm, hop on board a boat on the Nam Song River and cruise to Vang Vieng amid beautiful karst limestone scenery. In the afternoon, head for Tham Chang cave for spectacular valley views. The next day set off for Luang Prabang, stopping at Pathang to admire the mountain views and Phoukhoune to browse the market, before arriving in Luang Prabang in the late afternoon.
Vansana Vanvieng Hotel
1n Vientiane to Luang Prabang Overland tour
You’ll see plenty of monks, all dressed in orange, as you look around, as well as exciting attractions such as the National Museum, which was once the royal palace. The monks are pretty friendly too, so stop by for a chat if you like or, if you can prise yourself out of bed at dawn, watch a traditional alms ceremony.
4* Angsana Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel