Classic Golden Route
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover vibrant Tokyo, Japan’s impressive capital
- Admire Mount Fuji, one of the world’s most photographed peaks
- Explore Kyoto, Japan’s temple and shrine-filled former capitals
- Walk through Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Park, a sign of the city’s endurance
- Spot the floating torii, see wild deer and eat grilled oysters in Miyajima Island
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4-5* hotels
- Tokyo Morning Tour
- Mt. Fuji- Hakone Tour with 1 night in a traditional Ryokan
- Arashiyama Bamboo Forest private tour
- Hiroshima & Miyajima tour
- Kansai Soul tour
- Japan Rail pass
Need to know
- Arrives: Tokyo Haneda International Airport (HND)
- Time difference: GMT+9
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a tourist visa for stays up to 90 days
- Language: Japanese
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Flying time from UK: Around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 100 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Join a morning city tour and check out the stunning Sensō-ji temple, then perhaps visit the electronics district at Akihabara, where you’ll find all sorts of electronic gadgets and software as well as anime and manga comics. Brave the famous street crossing at Shibuya, the largest in the world and constantly thronging with pedestrians. For a spot of culture, take a look at Tokyo’s most impressive Shinto shrine at Meiji-jingū, with its 12m high torii entrance gate.
4* Keio Plaza Hotel
Tokyo Morning Tour
Ascend Mount Fuji as far as the 5th Station, about half way up, for pretty mountain views. Spend the rest of the day in Hakone itself, where you’ll cruise the beautiful Lake Ashi, with its snow-topped mountain backdrop visible on a clear day. Ride the Komagatake Ropeway by the side of the lake for further scenic views of Hakone National Park and beyond. Stay overnight in a Ryokan, a traditional Japanese Inn.
Mt. Fuji-Hakone Tour including onsen hot spring baths
Don’t miss Kyoto Imperial Palace, built in 1855, former home to the Emperor of Japan and found in the pretty grounds of Tokyo Imperial Park. While in Kyoto, you’ll enjoy a private tour of Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, a spectacular area where the bamboo towers high above you, rustling gently in the breeze and making for some Instagram-worthy photos.
4* Gracery Kyoto Sanjo
Arashiyama Bamboo Forest private tour
Hiroshima will forever be known for the terrible events of August 6th 1945, but those expecting a sombre place will be pleasantly surprised - it’s bright and vibrant with some pretty spots, such as the Peace Memorial Park. Included in your holiday is a trip to Miyajima Island, famous for its torii gate that ‘floats’ at high tide. See if you can spot wild deer, and be sure to try the local grilled oysters, especially tasty with miso sauce.
4* ANA Crowne Plaza Hiroshima
Hiroshima & Miyajima full day tour
While a visit to the age-old Osaka Castle should be on your must-see list, the real joy in Osaka is soaking up the hustle and bustle of everyday life in the markets, pachinko halls and shops. As part of your itinerary, you’ll head off on an evening Kansai Soul tour, taking you to the lantern-lit streets of the city’s Kansai region, exploring the backstreets and sampling the local food.
5* Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel
Kansai Soul tour