Winter Wonders & Delicious Detours
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Chase the Northern Nights
- Admire the incredible Gullfoss Waterfall
- Explore the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park
- Take a dip in the steaming geothermal waters of the Blue Lagoon
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Direct international flights
- 6 nights in 4* hotels
- 6 days’ car hire
- Into the Glacier tour
- Northern Lights Mystery tour
- Blue Lagoon entry
Need to know
- Arrives: Kefavik International Airport (KEF)
- Time difference: same as GMT
- Visa requirements: British passport holders don’t need a visa to visit Iceland, but you should ensure that your passport is valid for the duration of your stay.
- Language: Icelandic
- Currency: Icelandic krona (ISK)
- Flying time from UK: around 3 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins
- Voltage: 240 volts
Your routeThe map is currently not available
Fly from UK to Reykjavik
Continue to Seljalandffoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, and the incredible Eyjafjallajokull - make sure your camera is charged! This part of Iceland is known as the breadbasket, perhaps spend an afternoon relaxing at the Fontana Geothermal Baths, before treating yourself to a slice of rye bread from the cafe, topped with smoked trout from the lake. The following day, you’ll visit the mesmerising Skaftafell area, located between two glaciers.
Into the Glacier tour
Take in Deildartunguhver, the most powerful hot spring in Europe, before making your way to the Ljomalind Country Market for a picnic lunch of cheese and jams, and homemade ice-cream. The next day, you’ll discover the Snaefellsnes peninsula.
Soothe your body in the geothermal waters of this renowned outdoor spa; apply a mud mask to your face and enjoy a drink in the steaming waters. Afterwards, enjoy a final lunch overlooking the picturesque landscape, before returning to the airport.
Blue Lagoon entry