Summer Ring Road Highlights
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover the incredible Thingvellir National Park
- Spot the puffins at Papey Island
- Gaze at Europe’s mightiest waterfall
- Whale-watch deep in the heart of North Iceland
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Direct international flights
- 7 nights in 4* hotels
- 6 days’ car hire
- Whale watching tour at Akureyri
- Glacier walk at Svinafellsjokull
- Fridheimar Greenhouse
Need to know
- Arrives: Kefavik International Airport (KEF)
- Time difference: same as GMT
- Visa requirements: British passport holders don’t need a visa to visit Iceland, but you should ensure that your passport is valid for the duration of your stay.
- Language: Icelandic
- Currency: Icelandic krona (ISK)
- Flying time from UK: around 3 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins
- Voltage: 240 volts
Fly from UK to
Drive to Thingvellir National Park and marvel at the Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir hot springs. Hop back in the car and drive along the south shore for views of Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls.
3* Icelandair Hotel Vik
Continue across the black sand plains and stop at the Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon, where many Hollywood blockbusters are filmed. Head onto the charming harbour town of Hofn, also known as the lobster capital of Europe.
Take a boat tour to Papey Island and spot the adorable puffins who make this their home during summer.
Make sure your camera is fully charged to capture Europe’s mightiest waterfall. Visit the horseshoe-shaped canyon of Asbyrgi, before making your way to the Tjornes peninsula.
Continue to Gooafoss waterfall on the way to Akureyri, considered the capital of North Iceland, where you can try to spot whales.
Continue to the bay of Hunafloi and discover the Borgarfjordur area.
4* Grand Hotel Reykjavik