Queensland's Islands & Beaches
... taking you from the bright lights of Brisbane to the beaches and reefs of Hamilton Island, with the lakes and dunes of Fraser Island and the warm waters of Lady Elliot Island in between. This is a Journey for lovers of sunshine, idyllic beaches, turquoise seas and getting away from it all.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the museums and galleries of downtown Brisbane
- Tour Fraser Island and swim in its colourful lakes
- Fly to the Great Barrier Reef and visit Lady Elliot Island
- Spend a week on the glorious beaches of Hamilton Island
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights with Etihad Airways & internal flights
- 13 nights in 4-4.5* hotels
- 5 days' car hire
- Fraser Island day tour
- Great Barrier Reef day trip including Lady Elliot Island
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Arrive in Brisbane, Queensland’s vibrant capital, set along the sunny banks of the Brisbane River. Here, take the time to explore the chic cafes and quirky bars, browse the galleries and museums or perhaps try the hike up Mount Coot-tha, a 287m mound home to the Botanical Gardens and the Planetarium as well as 360° views of the city. While you’re in town, pay a visit to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary for a chance to get up close to koalas and kangaroos.
4.5* Oaks Felix
There are some excellent walks on offer in Noosa National Park, and it’s worth exploring the rainforest at nearby Tewantin National Park too, but really the main event for your Noosa stay will be your trip to Fraser Island, an island made of sand. Here you can explore the beautiful rock formations, dunes and lakes, including the impressively green Lake Wabby.
4* Mantra French Quarter
Fraser Island day tour
Experience this stunning location on a glass bottom boat tour or snorkel the reef where you will come face to face with a large variety of coral, brilliantly coloured fish, and perhaps turtles, dolphins and manta rays. In the evening, explore the quintessential Aussie town of Hervey Bay and choose to dine at one the restaurants located along the harbour.
4* Mantra Hervey Bay
Great Barrier Reef day trip including Lady Elliot Island
Here, the soft white sands and bright blue seas will invite you to spend lazy days on the beach, or perhaps to grab your snorkel and explore the underwater world. For the more energetic there are plenty of activities to choose from such as quad biking, go-karting, fishing and golf, as well as a wide variety of coastal hiking paths to explore.
4* Reef View
Depart Hamilton Island and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.