Eastern & Oriental Express with North Thailand
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
... taking you from Chiang Mai to Singapore via Bangkok. Starting among the temples and forests of Northern Thailand, you’ll continue to the palaces and markets of Bangkok, before riding the train along the Malaysian peninsula to Singapore, stopping at the River Kwai and Kuala Kangsar on the way.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the exquisite temples and monasteries of Chiang Mai
- Discover Bangkok’s glittering palaces and floating markets
- Travel in style from Bangkok to Singapore on board the Eastern & Oriental Express
- Sample sizzling street food among the bright lights and skyscrapers of Singapore
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights
- Authentic local experiences
- 9 nights in 5* hotels
- 3 nights Eastern & Oriental Express train journey from Bangkok to Singapore (twin cabin)
- Overnight Chiang Mai to Bangkok train (1st class)
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require visa for stays of less than 30 days
- Language: Thai
- Currency: Thai baht (THB)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to
Arrive in Chiang Mai and start exploring the temples, monasteries and palaces of this laid-back city. Chiang Mai is a place worth taking your time over, so have a wander of the markets, chat to the orange-robed monks or go for a hike in the hills and forests while you’re here. Be sure to sample some of the sizzling local cuisine or perhaps watch a Muay Thai demonstration before catching the overnight train to Bangkok.
5* Ananatara Chiang Mai Resort
Overnight train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok (1st class)
Prepare yourself for a whirlwind of sights, sounds and colour as you arrive into Bangkok, Thailand’s crazy capital. Look out for the golden-spired temples and glittering palaces, haggle for bargains in the bustling markets and watch the sunset with a cocktail at the top of one of the city’s skyscrapers. Don’t miss a visit to one of the floating markets or, if you’re feeling cultural, a tour of Jim Thompson’s House – a museum filled with quirky artefacts collected from Thai homes.
5* Banyan Tree
Time for a railway adventure as you take the plush Eastern & Oriental Express train to Singapore, travelling through the lush Thai and Malaysian countryside along the way. After checking into your private cabin and feasting on a sumptuous four-course dinner, you’ll stop for a cruise on the historic River Kwai guided by a local historian. You won’t go hungry on this three-day journey, which includes three-course lunches and afternoon tea each day. After crossing into Malaysia, there’s a further stop at Kuala Kangsar to explore the mosques and museums before you roll into Singapore on the final morning.
24-hour steward service. All meals (including 3-course lunch, afternoon tea and 4-course dinner). River Kwai cruise and visit to the War Museum. Guided tour of Kuala Kangsar.
Arrive into the vibrant city of Singapore and spend three days exploring the sights. Check out the waterfront restaurants, filled with sensational eastern and western flavours, take the cable car to Sentosa Island, or admire the plants at the innovative Gardens by the Bay. After you’ve sampled a Singapore Sling or two and shopped ‘til you drop at the many malls, perhaps take a look around the cage-free Singapore Zoo, one of the world’s finest.
5* Marina Mandarin Hotel