Discover Newfoundland & Labrador
Star ting in Nova Scotia you’ll discover the fjords and national parks of Newfoundland. Look out for moose and bears on land and whales and dolphins offshore, hop over to Labrador, before finishing in the delightful town of St John’s, one of Canada’s easternmost points.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Admire the dramatic fjords and cliffs of Gros Morne National Park
- Look for wildlife that includes whales, dolphins, bears and moose
- Explore the delightfully colourful streets of St John’s
- Set foot on the rather windy easternmost point of land in North America
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international flights
- 11 nights in 4* hotels and hand-picked local gems
- 11 days car hire
- Whale, Iceberg & Puffins boat tour
- Admission to Gros Morne National Park
Need to know
- Arrives: St John's International Airport (YSJ)
- Time difference: GMT-3.3
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), available online
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours indirect
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to St John's
Continue to Gander and explore the North Atlantic Aviation Museum. The next day, discover the fishing villages and First Nations history of the Kittiwake Coast, dotted with coves and islands.
3* Sinbads hotel and suites
Follow the Gulf of St Lawrence coastline to St Anthony, where you can learn about the earliest known European settlement in the Americas. Set sail on a cruise on the iceberg-filled waters off the coast and keep a look out for humpback whales, Atlantic white-beaked dolphins and kittiwakes, as well as other seabirds.
3* Grenfell Heritage Hotel
Look for moose and bears as you cross the pristine Highlands to St Barbe, from where you’ll ride the ferry to L’Anse-au-Clair, a National Historic Site in Labrador.
3* Northern Light Inn
Follow the James Callaghan Trail, a dramatic, windswept route with plenty of wilwildlife-watching opportunities. Spend the night in Rocky Harbour.
3* Ocean View Hotel
Admission to Gros Morne National Park
Today you drive to the Twillingate Islands in Notre Dame Bay. Drop by the Long Point Lighthouse – a very picturesque place for a bit of iceburg spotting from May to June and it marks the start point for an scenic hike too.
2* Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites
Take the scenic drive along the Trans-Canada Highway to St John’s. Spend the day exploring the most easterly point of land in North America before flying back to the UK.
4* Murray Premises Hotel
Whale, Iceberg & Puffins boat tour
Depart St John's and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.