There in Thailand’s capital, you’ll explore the jewel-encrusted temples and drift down the river to the ancient city of Ayutthaya, before heading to Chiang Rai in the Golden Triangle for its dense jungles and Buddhist shrines. Finish with a few days on the glorious beaches of Koh Yao Yai Island.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover the bustling floating markets of Bangkok
- Take part in a locally flavoured cookery class in Chiang Rai
- Find out more about the ancient city of Ayutthaya
- Snorkel the warm, clear waters of Koh Yao Yai
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- Authentic local experiences
- 11 nights in 5* hotels
- Ayutthaya by Cruise from Bangkok
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require visa for stays of less than 30 days
- Language: Thai
- Currency: Thai baht (THB)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to
Explore the temples and palaces of Bangkok, a lively city where the neons blaze at night and the traffic throngs by day. Make the most of the chaos – head up to a romantic rooftop bar for a sundowner cocktail looking out over the city and take a relaxing boat ride to the ancient city of Ayutthaya. Float past bright green rice paddies and towering skyscrapers, stopping to tour the fascinating former capital and its crumbling temples and monuments.
5* Banyan Tree
Ayutthaya by Cruise
Continue to Chiang Rai, part of Thailand’s famous Golden Triangle, where you can discover ancient settlements, visit Buddhist shrines, cruise down peaceful rivers and trek through dense jungle. Staying in the peaceful Anantara Golden Triangle, you can choose from various activities including an elephant camp experience, a cookery class, spa treatments and a Golden Triangle Discovery excursion, all included in your Journey.
5* Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort
Koh Yao Yai
Fly to Phuket and take a boat to Koh Yao Yai, one of a pair of unspoilt twin islands brimming with wildlife, birdlife and scenic views. The rugged mountainous interior is home to quaint villages and free roaming buffalo while the coast is lined with blissful beaches and exotic coral reefs. Swim and snorkel from the shoreline or explore the island’s secluded caves, some of which date back as far as 2,000 years.
5* Six Senses Yao Noi
Depart Koh Yao Yai and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.