Winter Whistler & the Northern Lights
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Starting with the pretty parks and gourmet restaurants of Vancouver and travelling to the first-rate ski slopes of Whistler, you’ll take part in a snowmobile safari before gazing upon a mesmerising display of the spectacular Northern Lights in the Yukon.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Enjoy laid-back Vancouver, a cosmopolitan city with a dramatic natural setting
- Test your winter sports skills in Whistler, host of the 2010 Winter Olympics
- Discover the charm of Whitehorse, Yukon’s quaint capital city
- Watch in awe as the impressive Northern Lights light up the Yukon sky
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 7 nights in 4.5–5* hotels
- Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park 1-day pass
- Guilty Pleasures Gourmet Tour in Vancouver
- Whistler 3 day Lift Pass
- Blackcomb Mountain snowmobile safari
- 3-night Northern Lights of the Yukon tour
- Sightseeing tour of Whitehorse
- 3x Excursions to view the Aurora Borealis
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), available online
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 9 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- >Please note this Journey departs 20 August – 12 April only due to Northern Lights seasonality<
- >Ski season in Whistler starts on 27 November. Please ask us about other off-season activities<
Fly from UK to
Walk through the forests and of course across the bridge of Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park. If you’re visiting between the end of November and the start of January, you can catch the annual Canyon Lights, a display of thousands of coloured fairy lights draped across the suspension bridge, the cliffs and trees, giving a magical fairy-tale aura to the park at Christmastime. Later, head off on a gastronomic adventure through some of Vancouver’s best restaurants - from dim sum to cheese, pulled pork sandwiches to gelato, with matching wines to boot, this culinary tour has it all.
5* Sutton Place Hotel
Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park 1-day pass Guilty Pleasures gourmet tour
Drive on to the world-class ski resort of Whistler, host of the 2010 Winter Olympics, and spend a couple of days skiing or boarding on the famed powder snow. The snow covered fir trees and ski chalets give the town a chocolate-box feel, even though there are plenty of upscale restaurants and shops there too. Learn more at the Whistler Museum, which includes an Olympic torch that you can pose for pictures with. It’s not just about the skiing though, there’s also ziplining, dog sledding, snowshoeing and sleigh rides to choose from, as well as many spas to rest your weary legs.
4* Summit Boutique Lodge
3 day lift pass Blackcomb Mountain snowmobile safari
Fly to Whitehorse and keep your fingers crossed for a view of the dancing greeny-blue ripples of the Aurora Borealis. You’ll have three chances to view the lights – take your place by a roaring log fire and gaze up into the darkness and watch wave upon wave of the pink, green and blue dance like ribbons in the sky. Hot chocolate and coffee are provided too, to help you stay warm. In the daytime, tour the town itself and take a look at the SS Klondike, a decommissioned sternwheeler, now a national historic site.
3.5* Best Western Gold Rush Inn
Sightseeing tour of Whitehorse 3x Excursions to view the Aurora Borealis