Wildlife of Gujarat
Enter wild forests to find Asiatic lions, roam remote grasslands for Indian wolves and cross endless salt pans in search of the Indian wild ass.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Get a taste of Western India with a traditional Gujarati Thali lunch
- Admire the barren desert landscapes of Little Rann of Kutch
- Watch endemic and migratory birds in their natural habitats
- Spot the varied mammals of Velavadar National Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4–4.5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- City tours in Ahmedabad & Gondal
- Visit to Little Rann of Kutch
- Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary
- 2 Safaris at Gir National Park
- Bhavnagar bird watching & temple visit
- Visit to Palitana
- Visit to Velavadar National Park
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greet
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: Famous Gujarati Thali dinner at local restaurant
Need to know
- Arrives: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (AMD)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 11 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
- Please note this Journey does not operate from 15 JUN to 15 OCT, as the national park is closed during this period
Fly from UK to Ahmedabad
Arrive in Ahmedabad and explore the temples, ashrams and an unusual step well before tucking in to a delicious Gujarati Thali lunch.
4.5* Radisson Blu
Includes a city tour of Ahmedabad; a Journeys exclusive: famous Gujarati Thali lunch at a local restaurant
Discover Dasada, gateway to the mesmerising Little Rann of Kutch, a bright white salt marsh, home to the last remaining herds of Indian wild ass, or khur.
4.5* Rann Riders Safari Resort
Includes a morning visit to Little Rann of Kutch
Drive past bird-filled fields and lakes to Jamnagar and visit the delightful Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary, where terns, grebes and storks can all be found.
4* Fortune Palace
includes an evening visit to Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary
Hug the glorious coastline to Gondal, where you’ll visit the breath-taking Navlakha Palace complex and admire the vintage cars displayed in the Royal Garages.
4* Orchard Palace
Includes a city tour of Gondal
Enter the rugged hills and teak forests of majestic Gir National Park from Sasangir. Seek out Asiatic lions and an assortment of birds, including peacocks, partridges, parrots and eagles.
3.5* Lion Safari Camp
Includes early morning & evening jeep safaris in Gir National Park
Visit the buzzing metropolis of Bhavnagar, where pretty Victoria Park and the grand Takhteshwar Mahadev Temple are worthy of a look around.
4* Nilambagh Palace
Includes a late afternoon bird watching & temple visit
View the 900 temples at the summit of Palitana’s mountain en-route to Velavadar. Look out for blackbucks, wolves, jackals and jungle cats in Velavadar National Park.
4* Blackbuck Lodge
Includes a visit to Palitana; a visit to Velavadar National Park
Depart Velavadar and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.