For a double dose of wildlife, set off on this exciting Journey into the British Columbian wilderness.
With plenty of bear and whale watching opportunities, you’ll spend your days on Zodiac boats in search of the region’s favourite flora and fauna, before finishing up with a couple of days exploring the parks and markets of vibrant Vancouver.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Look out for orcas on a whale watching tour in Victoria
- Watch grizzly bears on a boat trip in Tofino
- See bears fishing for salmon on the Orford River (seasonal)
- Walk across the impressive Capilano Suspension Bridge
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & Internal flights
- 9 nights in 4–5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 8 days car hire
- Whale watching tour by Zodiac in Victoria
- Bear watching tour by Zodiac in Tofino
- Sonora Island guided Ecotour or guided bear watching tour, depending on season
- Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park day pass
- Vancouver markets tour
- All Airport Transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), available online
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 10 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Victoria
Drive to Victoria, a mixture of parks, gardens and seaside, and dotted with various boutique stores and craft breweries. Check out the Royal BC Museum and learn about Canada’s First nation history. Included in your Journey is an exciting whale watching trip by Zodiac boat. You’ll set sail among Victoria’s glorious islands and look out for the tell-tale dorsal fin of orca, minke and grey whales as well as other bird and marine life.
Continue to Tofino, the self-proclaimed surfing capital of Canada. Blessed with long sweeps of sandy beach and natural hot springs, the area is known for the grey whales that visit between March and October on their way south to Mexico, a fact that is celebrated in the annual Pacific Rim Whale Festival in March. You’ll once again jump on board your Zodiac boat, this time for a thrilling grizzly bear watching adventure along the coast, observing the bears feasting on the local crabs at low tide.
Drive to Campbell River and take a water taxi to the peaceful forests of Sonora Island to enjoy various hiking and swimming activities. Depending on season, you’ll join a guided Ecotour, where you might spot eagles, sea lions or pacific white-sided dolphins, or if you’re here between August and October you’ll travel to the Orford River where the salmon are spawning. Plentiful salmon means plentiful bears; look out for them attempting to catch fish.
Return to Campbell River by water taxi then hop on a ferry back across to Vancouver. You’ll have two days to explore this wonderful city and its surrounding mountains. Head down to the glorious Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park, hike the pathways and walk across the famous bridge. Back in town, you’ll browse the many markets and test out the local restaurants and bars. Perhaps take a trip over to arty Granville Island for fabulous shopping and tasty eateries.
Depart Vancouver and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.