Whales, Bears & Vancouver Island
With plenty of bear and whale watching opportunities, you’ll spend your days on Zodiac boats in search of the region’s favourite flora and fauna, before finishing up with a couple of days exploring the parks and markets of vibrant Vancouver.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Look out for orcas on a whale watching tour in Victoria
- Watch grizzly bears on a boat trip in Tofino
- See bears fishing for salmon on the Orford River (seasonal)
- Walk across the impressive Capilano Suspension Bridge
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & Internal flights
- 9 nights in 3.5–5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 8 days car hire
- Whale watching tour by Zodiac in Victoria
- Bear watching tour by Zodiac in Tofino
- Sonora Island guided Ecotour or guided bear watching tour, depending on season
- Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park day pass
- Vancouver markets tour
- All Airport Transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 10 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Victoria
Drive to Victoria and look for orcas on a whale watching trip by Zodiac boat. Set sail among Victoria’s glorious islands and look out for the tell-tale dorsal fin of orca, minke and grey whales.
3.5* Inn at Laurel Point
Whale watching tour by Zodiac
Continue to Tofino and jump on board your Zodiac boat for a thrilling grizzly bear watching adventure along the coast, observing the bears feasting on the local crabs at low tide.
3* Best Western Tin Wis Resort
Bear watching tour by Zodiac
Drive to Campbell River and take a water taxi to Sonora Island to enjoy various hiking and swimming activities while keeping an eye out for more bears.
5* Sonora Resort
Guided Ecotour or guided bear watching tour, depending on season Use of resort recreational facilities
Return to Campbell River by water taxi then hop on a ferry back across to Vancouver. Here you’ll walk across the Capilano Suspension Bridge and browse the many markets.
4.5* Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park day pass Vancouver markets tour
Depart Vancouver and return to the UK
Book by 31st October 2016 and SAVE up to £404 per person
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.