Uncover the most dramatic of Canada’s spectacular scenery, from the peaks of Banff and Whistler to the cliffs of Capilano and Maligne Lake.
Fly high above the valleys and lakes on Gondola Rides in both Whistler and Jasper, and discover the vibrant cities of Calgary and Vancouver.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the picture-perfect mountains, lakes and waterfalls in Banff
- Ride the SkyTram for sweeping views across Jasper National Park
- Soar high above Whistler’s two mountains on the world record-breaking Peak 2 Peak gondola
- Test your courage on the Cliffwalk in Vancouver’s Capilano Suspension Bridge and Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 13 nights in 4–4.5* hotels & hand-picked accommodation
- 10 days' car hire
- Calgary craft beer tour
- Evening Wildlife Safari
- Mountains, Lakes & Waterfalls tour
- Jasper tramway
- Tour to Maligne Lake
- Whistler Peak2Peak Alpine Sightseeing
- Deluxe Vancouver city highlights tour
- Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park entry
- Private transfers in Vancouver
Need to know+
- Arrives: Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- Time difference: GMT-7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), available online.
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 9 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- A one-way fee applies for the car hire in this Journey; please ask us for details
- >Please note some activities are seasonal; ask us about unforgettable experiences for your travel dates<
Fly from UK to Calgary
Check out the city’s lively food scene, or take a relaxing stroll along the riverside, to get your adventure started. The following morning, take a walking tour around the city centre highlights, including Fort Calgary and the various museums.
Get set for world-class skiing, natural hot springs, main-street shopping and hikes through one of the world’s oldest national parks in beautiful Banff, nestled in the mountains and surrounded by spectacular scenery. Do not forget your camera as you head off on a mountains, lakes & waterfalls day tour, including the twinkling blue expanse of Lake Louise. Then, in the evening, set off on a wildlife safari in search of deer, bears and wolves. Plenty of outdoor activities are on offer here too – in winter, why not try tubing and ice skating, while in summer, have a crack at climbing or biking.
Continue on to Jasper and let the SkyTram whisk you up to 2277 metres for a spectacular view of the Rockies. Sail the serene waters of sapphire blue Maligne Lake to peaceful Spirit Island and the view that’s graced a thousand postcards. Absorb the unspoilt nature of Jasper National Park, dotted with shimmering glaciers, abundant wildlife, crystal-clear lakes, thundering waterfalls, deep canyons and evergreen forest. Jasper is located 180 picturesque miles north of Banff at the end of Alberta’s Icefields Parkway, one of the world’s most breath-taking drives.
Further West, Sun Peaks is a great spot for downhill and cross country skiing as well as snowboarding in winter. For non-skiers, dogsledding or snowshoeing are fun alternatives that still allow you to soak up the twinkling landscapes. In summer it’s all about the hiking, golfing and mountain biking, although canoeing and kayaking on the lakes and rivers is a popular way to see the area too. Or perhaps just tee off in what has to be one of the most spectacularly situated golf courses in the world.
Take the longest and highest lift in the world for an unparalleled view of the snow-covered mountain peaks. Suspended 436 metres above the ground, let the Peak2Peak gondola whisk you between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, taking in the far-reaching mountaintop views along the way. The area is popular with adventure enthusiasts who come for its downhill and cross-country mountain bike trails, along with rock climbing at the nearby town of Squamish. Plus there’s always a cosy fireside pub or a sunny patio bar to chill out and relax in after a hard day’s adventuring.
Finish your trip in vivacious Vancouver, a city which is voted Most Liveable City in North America so often that it just doesn’t notice any more. In town, walk along the waterfront or hop over to foodie Granville Island for art and fresh farmers’ markets. Outside the city, head to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and cross the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge, swinging 70 metres above the Capilano River. Take a hike along the precarious Cliffwalk and get a squirrel’s eye view from the Treetops walk. If you’re here at Christmas, gaze in wonder as the whole park is lit up by thousands of twinkling fairy lights –magical!
Depart Vancouver and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.