... as well as the more sedate attractions of the colonial towns and picturesque rivers of rural Virginia. Taste locally-brewed ales and ciders, visit beautiful vineyards and learn about the arrival of the first European colonists.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Remembers America’s forefathers at the Washington War Memorials
- Tick off the icons in Washington DC, the capital of the USA
- A mixture of history and adventure awaits in Richmond
- Visit the pretty Blue Ridge Mountains from quaint Charlottesville
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 7 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 8 days car hire
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Washington War Memorials
Need to know
- Arrives: Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Time difference: GMT-5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 8 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Washington DC
Explore iconic Washington DC, the USA’s capital and home to the White House and Congress, as well as a wide variety of excellent museums and art galleries.
4* Fairmont Washington
Arlington Cemetery & Washington War Memorials Tour 8 days Car Hire
Head on to historical Williamsburg, where the living history museum is the star attraction. Learn about the English colonists who arrived here in 1607 at Jamestown Settlement, well worth a visit.
3* Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Continue to Richmond, where the cobbled streets bring 400 years of history to life and the vast James River offers boat trips and white water rafting opportunities.
4* Omni Richmond Hotel
Spend the day tasting craft beers and locally-produced wines in picturesque Charlottesville, at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
4* Omni Charlottesville Hotel
Hop across the state border into Maryland for the waterfront town of Baltimore, with its much-photographed harbour and historical monuments.
4* Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton Hotel
Depart Baltimore and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.