Victoria Food & Wine
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Sip on sauvignon among the sun-drenched vines of the Yarra Valley, tuck into freshly-prepared seasonal dishes in Melbourne’s restaurants and float gently above the beautiful Victorian countryside on a hot-air balloon ride.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Taste your way around the eclectic restaurants and cafes of Melbourne
- Chill out in the spas of Lake Daylesford and soak up the picturesque views
- Take to the skies above the Yarra Valley in a hot-air balloon
- Visit the vineyards and taste some of Victoria’s finest locally produced wines
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Authentic local experiences
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4-5* hotels
- 6 days car hire
- Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
- Lanes and Arcades tour
- Unique De Bortoli Experience
- Yarra Valley Flight with Champagne Breakfast
- Progressive Degustation Walk
- All airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL)
- Time difference: GMT+11
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 23 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Arrive in multicultural Melbourne and dine in style onboard the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, cruising the city streets whilst tucking into a seasonally changing menu, which includes such delights as Victorian farmed eye fillet of beef, matched with quality Australian wines. While in town, you’ll also head off on a Lanes & Arcades tour and discover Melbourne’s hidden treasures, from cool cafes to designer boutiques, with some fascinating tales told along the way.
4* Mantra 100 Exhibition
Colonial Tramcar Restaurant Hidden Secrets Lanes & Arcades tour with lunch
Relax, kick back and pamper yourself in the spas of Lake Daylesford, at the foot of the Great Dividing Range. On the shores of the tranquil lake that shares its name, it’s a laid back town filled with top class restaurants, galleries, gardens, and boutique shops. Hire a paddleboat and get out on the water, circumnavigate the lake on foot (about 45 minutes along a gentle path) and take in the pretty views.
4.5* Lake House Daylesford
Soar over the vines of the Yarra Valley in a hot air balloon. Start your day floating gently over the picturesque Yarra Valley and let the gentle morning wind usher you above the corridors of grape vines and rolling hills. Upon touching down, tuck into a delicious breakfast, served with a chilled glass of champagne. Later on, explore the various vineyards and wineries in the valley, sampling the fine wines and learning more about the wine making process.
4.5* Yarra Valley Lodge
Unique de Bortoli Experience Yarra Valley hot-air balloon flight with breakfast
Return to Melbourne and taste your way around three of its most unique menus on a degustation tour. This safari supper is bound to appeal to foodies, as you’ll visit three different restaurants in one evening, each offering tastes from their menus and samples of their wines. Continuing with the food theme, be sure to visit Melbourne’s vibrant suburb of St Kilda and indulge in a sweet treat or two in the tempting cake shops.
5* Crown Metropol Melbourne
Progressive Degustation Walk