Vancouver & The Bears
... famed for its rare white coat. This exhilarating wildlife encounter, combined with a stay in the vibrant outdoorsy city of Vancouver, makes this the perfect journey for nature lovers.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the sights & sounds of the beautiful city of Vancouver
- Gaze in awe at grizzly & spirit bears on a bear watching tour
- Discover the varied flora & fauna of the Great Bear Rainforest
- Taste delicious fresh produce at Vancouver’s Granville Island Market
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 3 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 4 night Spirit Bear Lodge bear-watching package
- Guided bear-watching tours & recreational activities
- Vancouver Granville Island Market tour
- 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners at Spirit Bear Lodge
- Table wine with dinners at Spirit Bear Lodge
- All airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), available online.
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 10 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- **Please note this Journey runs 01 June - 05 October only due to bear seasonality**
Fly from UK to
Welcome to Vancouver, a cosmopolitan city with a picturesque mountain backdrop. Spend the night close to the airport ready for your flight the following morning.
4* Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel
Fly to the charming village of Shearwater, where you can take a short walk on one of the hiking trails or learn about the area’s fascinating history. The following morning connect by water taxi to remote Klemtu and the welcoming Spirit Bear Lodge, where you’ll spend the next three days exploring the towering cedar and spruce trees of the luxuriant Great Bear Rainforest in search of wild grizzly bears. If you are very lucky you might even catch a glimpse of the elusive spirit bear, known for its recessive white fur coat which one in ten cubs are born with. Explore the verdant valleys, plunging waterfalls and sweeping estuaries on foot and by boat on this once-in-a-lifetime wildlife experience.
4* Rosie's B&B in Shearwater & 4* Spirit Bear Lodge
Guided bear-watching tours & recreational activities Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner Table wine with dinner
Return to Vancouver’s dynamic downtown where you’ll have time to explore this wonderfully cultural city, overlooking the Pacific Ocean and surrounded by snow-capped peaks. With a mild climate and stunning scenery just a stone’s throw away, Vancouver is a great place to get out into the fresh air and explore British Colombia’s vast countryside. Back in town, awaken your taste buds as you head down to Granville Island Market to sample the deliciously fresh artisanal fare, all grown and produced on local farms.
4* Rosedale on Robson Suites
Granville Island Market Tour
Depart Vancouver and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.