Unforgettable Sri Lanka
Some of the highlights included are:
- Climb to the top of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress and soak up the views
- Take a look around Polonnaruwa’s ancient city, including the Royal Palace
- Meet the residents at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and join in with feeding time
- Spot leopards, peacocks and plenty of birds on safari in Yala National Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 14 nights in 4* hotels
- 14 breakfasts
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Polonnaruwa Ruins
- Kandy city tour
- Little Adam’s Peak trek
- Yala National Park safari
- Galle city tour
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Sinhalese, Tamil, English
- Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 10½ hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Colombo
Explore Colombo, Sri Lanka’s rapidly changing capital, taking in the colonial buildings, temples and stately homes and taste the aromatic street food.
4* Galle Face Hotel
Stop to meet the elephants at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage on your way to Sigiriya, where you’ll climb 200 metres up to the famous Rock Fortress.
4* Aliya Resort and Spa
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage visit Polonnaruwa Ruins tour
Relax on the beaches of Trincomalee, or perhaps have a go at scuba diving. Take a look around the historic Fort Frederick and look out for the wild deer that graze there.
4* Trinco Blu by Cinnamon
Continue to the white sands and turquoise seas of Passikudah, which has one of the longest stretches of shallow coastline in the world.
4*Calm Resort & Spa
Learn more about Sri Lankan culture in lakeside Kandy, and take a look around the famous Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, one of the country’s most holy shrines.
4* Ozo Kandy
Kandy city tour
Hike through Ella’s lush tea plantations and past temples and waterfalls to Little Adam’s Peak, 1141m above the velvet green hills, for far reaching views across the Sri Lankan countryside.
4* 98 Acres Boutique
Little Adam’s Peak trek
Yala National Park
Venture into the dense monsoon forests and lush wetlands of Yala National Park in search of a rare glimpse of the elusive Sri Lankan leopard.
4* Jetwing Yala
Yala National Park afternoon safari
Tour the Portuguese fortified city of Galle, and take a stroll along the peaceful streets lined with colonial architecture before relaxing on the beach.
4* Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon
Galle city tour
Depart Galle and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.