Unexplored Central India Wildlife
Venture into the forests and scour the lakes and rivers for the enigmatic tiger, as well as leopards, wild dogs, sloth bears, and countless endemic birds. Bookend your magical journey with a stay in the buzzing cities of Delhi and Mumbai.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Capture the perfect moment in Delhi with the help of a photographer
- Explore Satpura Tiger Reserve on a thrilling walking safari
- Watch India’s breath-taking wildlife in its natural habitat
- Wander through the enigmatic Elephanta Caves in Mumbai
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 12 nights in 4–4.5* hotels
- 12 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 7 dinners
- City tour of Old Delhi & New Delhi
- Train from Delhi to Bhopal
- Tour of Bhopal’s Old Town
- 1 night safari, 1 day safari, & 2 walking safaris in Satpura
- Canoeing on Tawa Reservoir
- 2 jungle safaris in Pench
- 2 safaris in Tadoba
- Elephanta Caves & Mumbai city tour
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: Framing the Morning – Delhi photo tour
Need to know
- Arrives: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: around 9 hours direct
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
- Please note this Journey does not operate from 01 JUL to 15 OCT, as the national parks are closed during this period
Fly from UK to Delhi
Join a photo tour of India’s colourful capital and capture the contrasts of old and new, ancient and modern, and rich and poor in this frenetic, in-your-face city.
4* Le Meridien
Includes a city tour of Old & New Delhi; a Journeys exclusive: Framing the Morning – Delhi photo tour
Known as the ‘City of Lakes’ due to the two glittering lakes at its heart, Bhopal is rich in heritage and culture with a distinct Mughal influence. It’s also home to a truly gargantuan mosque, the Taj-ul-Masajid.
4* Courtyard by Marriott
Includes a tour of Bhopal’s Old Town
Welcome to Tiger Country – discover the diverse wildlife of the Satpura Tiger Reserve on a spectacular Jeep safari, by boat, or, more unusually, on foot.
4.5* Forsyth Lodge
Includes a night safari & day safari by Jeep; 2 walking safaris; a canoeing excursion on Tawa Reservoir
Marvel at the tigers, deer and birds that lurk among Pench National Park’s meadows and teak trees. The park is well-known for its sizeable herds of gaur (Indian bison) as well as hyenas and porcupines.
4* Tuli Tiger Corridor
Includes 2 Jungle Safaris
Delve into the forests of Tadoba in search of leopards, sloth bears, wild dogs and jungle cats. Keep your fingers crossed and you might see one of the 50-or-so tigers that roam this little-visited national park.
4.5* Svasara Jungle Lodge
Includes 2 safaris
Fly on to prosperous Mumbai, an island city connected to the mainland by a series of bridges.
4* Fariyas Hotel
Includes a visit to Elephanta Caves; a city tour of Mumbai
Depart Mumbai and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.