Ultimate Californian Road Trip
Call in at the wildlife-rich marine sanctuary at Monterey and relax on the fabulous sands of Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara before indulging in the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Uncover the secrets of Alcatraz Island in San Francisco
- Stand on the end of Pismo Beach’s pier and watch the sun set over the ocean
- Spend lazy days on the fabulous beaches of Santa Barbara
- Visit the abundant flower-filled gardens of San Diego
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 12 nights in 4-4.5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 9 days car hire
- San Francisco City Insiders & Alcatraz tour
- Hollywood City Pass
- Old Town Trolley Tour of San Diego
- Airport transfers in San Francisco
Need to know
- Arrives: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- A one-way fee applies for the car hire in this Journey in the months of July & August; please ask us for details
Fly from UK to San Francisco
Experience the sights and sounds of San Francisco and watch as the infamous island of Alcatraz, with its imposing prison, looms on the horizon as you cruise past the Golden Gate Bridge.
4* The Argonaut Hotel
City Insiders & Alcatraz tour
Cruise along the rugged Californian coastline on your way to Monterey, where it’s all about the marine life. Explore the underwater world at the excellent aquarium and look out for the area’s seals, whales and dolphins.
4* Intercontinental the Clement
Watch the sunset from the pier at Pismo Beach and if you’re lucky enough to be travelling between October and March, do not miss the swarms of migrating bright orange monarch butterflies found in the eucalyptus groves.
3.5* Sea Venture Beach Hotel
Wine, dine, shop and flop on the beach in pretty Santa Barbara. Check out the pretty stone façade of the hilltop Santa Barbara Mission and wander among the beautiful landscapes of the Botanic Gardens.
4* Harbor View Inn
See the best of Los Angeles with your Hollywood City Pass. Walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame, take your photo with the Hollywood sign and see if you can spot the stars.
4* Mr C Beverly Hills
Hollywood City Pass
See the sights of San Diego from the comfort of an old fashioned trolley. Chill out on La Jolla beach and wander the gardens, museums and theatres of Balboa Park, also home to San Diego Zoo.
4.5* Manchester Grand Hyatt
Old Town Trolley San Diego
Depart San Diego and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.