From the historical delights of laid-back Kochi, to the palm-fringed canals of the picturesque backwaters, with cool hill stations, serene bird sanctuaries and lazy beaches in between, this peaceful region allows you to sit back, relax, and soak up the watery vistas.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Get a taste of Kochi’s hospitality during lunch with a local family
- Spot colourful migratory birds in lakeside Kumarakom
- Cruise the backwaters of Kerala on board a houseboat
- Laze on soft beaches and swim in calm seas in Kovalam
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 8 nights in 4–4.5* hotels
- 1 night aboard a houseboat
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- City tour of Kochi
- Visit to a tea & coffee plantation in Munnar
- Visit to Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greet
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: Lunch with a local Keralian family.
Need to know
- Arrives: Cochin International Airport (COK)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Kochi
Explore the delightful island city of Kochi, taking in the pretty churches and palaces, then sit down to a tasty local lunch with a Keralian family.
4.5* Crowne Plaza
Includes a morning city tour of Kochi; a Journeys exclusive: Lunch with local Keralian family
Breathe in the fresh air and admire the emerald-hued carpet covering Munnar hill station’s peaks and valleys, before visiting the verdant tea and coffee plantations.
4* Windermere Estate
Includes visit to a tea & coffee plantation
Continue to Kumarakom, a cluster of islands on Lake Vembanad, where you can seek out migratory birds and perhaps indulge in a traditional Ayurveda natural healing session.
4.5* Zuri Kumarakom
Includes visit to a bird sanctuary
Cruise Kerala’s tranquil backwaters, exploring the picturesque lakes and canals by converted kettuvallam, a traditional wooden boat tied with coconut rope and painted with cashew oil.
Dock in Alleppey’s maze of waterways, then head for the former fishing village of Kovalam to swim, chill or sunbathe on the sweeping curve of sandy beach.
4* Turtle on the Beach
Depart Kovalam and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.