Temples, Palaces & Villages
Tour the palaces, meet the locals in hillside villages and learn to cook tasty Thai dishes before finishing with a relaxing stay on the beautiful beaches of Koh Chang.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Appreciate the intricate architecture of the Thai capital’s Grand Palace
- Learn the secrets of Thai cuisine in Chiang Mai, with a tasty cookery class
- Discover Thai mountain life in an authentic village homestay in Mae Kampong
- Admire the modern symbolism of the striking White Temple in Chiang Rai province
- Relax at the end of your Journey on the white-sand beaches of Koh Chang
- Get a feeling for cultural Thailand, as you discover the country's colourful northern regions
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 12 nights in 4* hotels
- City, Temples & Grand Palace tour
- Ayuthaya by Cruise tour
- Chiang Mai Thai Cookery class
- 1 night Mae kampong village homestay
- White Temple and Mae Fah Luang Art & Cultural Park
- All airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require visa for stays of less than 30 days
- Language: Thai
- Currency: Thai baht (THB)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to Bangkok
Feast your senses on the whirlwind of Bangkok, tour the dazzling Grand Palace and jump on board your cruise to the crumbling temples and historic palaces of Ayutthaya, once the largest city in the world, now an atmospheric ruin.
4* Mode Sathorn Hotel
Includes a City, Temples & Grand Palace half-day tour; an Ayuthaya by Cruise tour
Fly to Chiang Mai and learn how to cook authentic Thai cuisine at a cookery class. Browse the local market for ingredients, then head into the kitchen and get cooking. Learn how to create sizzling curries, perfect pad thai and coconut sticky rice.
4* Centara Khum Phaya
Includes a Chiang Mai Thai Cookery class
Stay with a local family in the pretty mountain village of Mae Kampong. At an altitude of 1300 metres, it’s a refreshing place, filled with tea plantations, wooden huts and rice fields.
1 night at a homestay
Return to Chiang Mai for one more night.
4* Centara Khum Phaya
Uncover the secrets of the Golden Triangle and marvel at the striking White Temple. Be sure to check out the Hall of Opium, charting the history of the opium industry in this area.
5* Le Meridien Chiang Rai
Includes a tour with a visit to the White Temple and a visit to Mae Fah Luang Art & Cultural Park.
Don your mask and fins and uncover the myriad fish that lurk in the corals of Koh Chang, a great place to learn to dive or snorkel.
4* Centara Koh Chang Tropicana
Depart Koh Chang and return to the UK
Book by 25th October 2016 and SAVE up to £150 per person
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.