Tasting & Pairing with Safari
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Learn how to pair your wines, bake fresh bread and indulge in some exquisite food at our hand-picked local restaurants. Loosen the waistband and postpone the diet for this indulgent exploration of the best of South Africa’s hearty cuisine, all washed down with a safari in Kruger National Park.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the culinary and natural wonders of stunning Cape Town
- Broaden your culinary horizons with a local cooking class
- Taste world-class wines and tasty delicacies in the Cape Winelands
- See if you can spot the Big 5 on an exhilarating wildlife-watching safari
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- 12 nights in 5* hotels
- 9 days car hire
- Cape Malay Cooking Safari
- 2 wine tastings + 1 chocolate & wine pairing in Stellenbosch
- Bread Making at Moreson Wine Estate
- 2 wine tastings in Franschhoek
- 6 Game Activities
- 12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
- Time difference: GMT+2
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: 11 official languages including English and Afrikaans
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230V
Fly from UK to Cape Town
Arrive in spectacular Cape Town, take a cruise around the bay, ascend the iconic table mountain and try out some of the city’s best restaurants.
5* Vinyard Hotel
Includes a Cape Malay Cooking Safari
Soak up the pretty views in stunning Stellenbosch, then discover the sublime combination of wine and chocolate in a tasting and pairing class.
5* Oude Werf
Includes 2 wine tastings and a chocolate & wine pairing at Waterford Estate
Take a wine and bread baking course in Franschhoek, combining the wonderful aromas of freshly baked bread with the full bodied flavours of South African wines.
5* Le Quartier Francais
Includes a bread-making experience at Môreson Wine Estate; 2 wine tastings
Fly on to Johannesburg where you’ll spend the night. Experience a friendly African welcome at Moyo Restaurant, serving classic South African favourites with an international twist.
5* Fairlawns Boutique Hotel
It’s time for the big finale as you board your onward flight to Sabi Sands, part of the greater Kruger National Park. Head into the bush in search of the Big Five on your once-in-a-lifetime safari.
5* Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
Includes 6 game activities