A Taste of Western Australia
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Sample fine wines and locally produced snacks and treats, all the while admiring the gorgeous coastal and countryside scenery. Covering Perth, Margaret River and Fremantle, this is a Journey for the tastebuds and the eyes.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Taste the delicious local cheeses, ice creams and coffee in vibrant Perth
- Sample Margaret River’s finest wines and indulge in a gourmet lunch
- Spend the night overlooking the Indian Ocean in Margaret River
- Explore eclectic Fremantle and perhaps take the ferry to Rottnest Island
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Authentic local experiences
- All international flights
- 8 nights in 4.5-5* hotels
- 9 days car hire
- Margaret River Wine & Dine Tour
- Perth Speed Grazing - Good Food & Wine Trail
Need to know
- Arrives: Perth Airport (PER)
- Time difference: GMT+8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 20 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Arrive in Perth and head off on a speed grazing tour in the Swan Valley. Indulge in lavender infused scones, gorge on locally matured cheeses and devour freshly churned apple pie ice cream, finished off with a steaming cup of spiced coffee. In the city, explore the galleries and museums, take a walk or cycle along the extensive pathways or have a picnic in King’s Park, a 990-acre green space filled with historic memorials and native flora.
5* Crown Metropol
Perth Speed Grazing - Good Food & Wine Trail
Next stop is Margaret River, an excellent surfing, rock climbing and boutique beer brewing spot, with spectacular bushwalking and mountain biking to boot. Here you’ll stay at Bunker Bay Resort for two nights overlooking the ocean, and indulge in a waistband-expanding Wine & Dine tour. Visit the region’s best wineries and sample the delicious wines, tuck into a tasty gourmet lunch and admire the far reaching vineyard views.
5* Pullman Bunker Bay Resort
Margaret River Wine & Dine Tour
Staying in Margaret River, you’ll move to the Cape Lodge, found in the heart of the wine region. Dine in style at their beautiful restaurant overlooking a tranquil lake and enjoy the long sun-drenched days or cosy winter nights by the fire. Explore the nearby Mammoth cave system or perhaps head down to the Indian Ocean, just two miles away, and talk a walk along the ruggedly beautiful coastline – remember to look out for dolphins.
5* Cape Lodge
Finish your trip in vibrant Fremantle, a laid-back city known locally as ‘Free-o’. Perched on the waterfront just 14 miles from the heart of Perth, Fremantle enjoys a coffee or two and even has a dedicated ‘Cappuccino Strip’. If coffee’s not your thing try a craft beer at the Little Creatures brewery or tuck into fresh seafood by the water. Perhaps take the ferry to Rottnest Island , the home of the quokka. Get up close to this unique marsupial known for its friendly disposition and cheeky grin.
4.5* Esplanade by Rydges