Taste of Texas
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Learn more about US history in one of Dallas’ many museums
- Taste some of the very best food on offer in Dallas on a foodie tour
- Feel like a cowboy with a stay on a real Texan ranch
- Feast your eyes on the Texas State Capitol in Austin
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 6 nights in 3.5–4* hotels
- 5 days car hire
- Dallas Uptown Foodie Walk
Need to know
- Arrives: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Time difference: GMT-6
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 9 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to
Located in a former book depository in Dealey Plaza, where President Kennedy was assassinated, this museum pays tribute to the life, times, death and legacy of JFK. Once you’ve swotted up on your history and built up an appetite, enjoy a walking tour of the sights and sounds of Dallas with food tasting at some of the city’s best restaurants on your included Uptown Foodie Walk.
4* Fairmont Dallas Hotel
Uptown Foodie Walk
Here, you can take a horseback ride, go hiking and biking, take a guided 4x4 tour of the estate, or try your hand at clay pigeon shooting. Take a boat trip on the nearby Possum Kingdom Lake, known locally as PK, or perhaps go fishing or just relax over a leisurely picnic. Back on the ranch, take a wagon ride, feed the cattle, or listen to old western tunes played on the guitar.
4* Wildcatter Ranch & Resort
Perhaps take a walk around the grounds of the prestigious University of Texas, where the famous UT Tower offers a great view over campus and its surrounds or maybe follow the trails to the Colorado River at the Colorado River Metropolitan Park. If nature’s your bag then head down to Austin’s Congress Avenue Bridge at dusk to see the largest urban bat colony in the world.
3.5* The Line Austin