A Taste of the North Island
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
... with a number of fun-filled food and wine tastings thrown in too. Sample the local delicacies in Auckland and Wellington, sip wines in Martinborough and Napier, and feast on delicious gourmet vineyard meals.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Taste your way around the quirky cafes and gourmet restaurants of Auckland
- Hop on board your boat and cruise the tranquil waters of Lake Taupo
- Get on your bike and cycle the Wineries Ride Trail in Napier
- Sample the fabulous food and divine wines in the vineyards of Martinborough
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 12 nights in 4.5-5* hotels
- 7 days car hire
- Airport transfers
- Auckland to Waiheke Island return ferry
- Taste of Auckland tour
- Taste of Taupo scenic cruise
- Leisurely Gimblett Gravels cycling tour
- Martinborough Food & Wine tour
- Capital Taste tour
Need to know
- Arrives: Auckland Airport (AKL)
- Time difference: GMT+13
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English and Maori
- Currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Flying time from UK: around 27 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Auckland
Taste your way around Auckland, sample its best foods and wines, visit its fascinating museums and galleries and soak up its beautiful volcanic scenery.
5* Pullman Auckland
Taste of Auckland tour
Take the ferry to the fields, beaches and vineyards of Waiheke Island, an idyllic slice of countryside inhabited by many millionaires.
Continue to the shores of beautiful Lake Taupo, where you can raft, bungee, cruise or walk to explore the diverse natural wonders.
5* Acacia Cliffs Lodge
Taste of Taupo scenic cruise
Cycle the Wineries Ride Trail around the Ngatarawa Triangle from Napier, taking in the bucolic scenery, visiting nine acclaimed wineries and tasting the top notch wines.
5* Breckenridge Lodge
Leisurely Gimblett Gravels Takaro Trails cycling tour
Continue to Martinborough and get off the beaten path and tour the small towns of the south Wairarapa, savouring the tastes of delectable local foods and speciality wines.
5* Peppers Parehua Martinborough
Martinborough Food & Wine tour
Explore Wellington’s attractive blend of vibrant culture, tasty cuisine and eye-catching scenery on a Capital Tastes tour, perfect for foodies.
4.5* Museum Art Hotel
Capital Taste tour