... welcoming people, abundant fresh foods and a fascinating history. Fall in love with the glorious landscapes and quaint towns of this magnificent island and explore mile after mile of majestic forests and picturesque beaches on this fantastic self-drive Journey.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Head up Mount Wellington and admire Hobart from above
- Take in the fabulous scenery of Cradle Mountain National Park
- Marvel at the glorious white-sand curves of Wineglass Bay
- Discover the chequered history of intriguing Port Arthur
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 9 nights in 4–4.5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 8 days car hire
- 1 night Moorilla Estate Experience
- Introduction & Entrance to Museum of Old + New Art (MONA)
- Cataract Gorge Cruise from Launceston
- Wineglass Bay Cruise
- Port Arthur Ghost Tour
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Hobart International Airport (HBA)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 25 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Hobart
Spend a couple of days in the shadow of photogenic Mount Wellington in Tasmania’s state capital, Hobart. Explore the harbour and museums of this small, yet perfectly-formed city.
1 night at the 4* Somerset on Salamanca; 1 night at the MONA museum, in a Deluxe Pavillion
Includes a 1 night Moorilla Estate Experience at MONA
Admire the dramatic views in Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park. Filled with lakes and mountains, this World Heritage-listed park is best explored on foot.
4* Cradle Mountain Hotel
With its stunning location on the banks of the Tamar River, Launceston is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery. While you’re here, cruise the magnificent Cataract Gorge, just outside town.
4.5* Country Club Tasmania
Bay of Fires
Head to St Helens and explore the beautiful coastline and endless stretches of sand at the mesmerising Bay of Fires. Walk or cycle the pathways to see this stunning area in more detail.
4* Tidal Waters Resort
Includes a Cataract Gorge Cruise in Launceston – 9:30am, before heading to St Helens
Freycinet National Park
Gaze over the unspoiled turquoise waters and pure white sands of the celebrated Wineglass Bay on a leisurely cruise through Freycinet National Park.
4* Freycinet Lodge
Includes a Wineglass Bay Cruise
Discover Port Arthur’s fascinating yet turbulent history as a former convict settlement. If you dare, take a spooky lantern-lit ghost tour of the site after dark.
3.5* Port Arthur Motor Inn
Includes a Port Arthur Ghost Tour
Return to Hobart for your final night. Stock up on those last-minute souvenirs in the shops and markets, or have a tasty farewell dinner and reminisce about all the wonderful experiences you've had in Tasmania.
4* Somerset on Salamanca
Depart Hobart and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.