Sydney & The Great Barrier Reef
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
You’ll climb the Harbour Bridge, dive beneath the waves and have the opportunity to explore the oldest rainforest in the world.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Take a stroll along Sydney’s Darling Harbour and sample the restaurants and cafés
- Set sail for the Outer Great Barrier Reef and snorkel, dive or just swim in its warm waters
- Relax on the bright white beaches of Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays
- Sit back and relax in the sunny seaside town of Port Douglas
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 14 nights in 4-4.5* hotels
- Sydney BridgeClimb Sampler
- Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Day Tour
- Cape Tribulation - Go Wild day tour
- Transfer from Cairns to Port Douglas
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
- Time difference: GMT+11
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Explore the sights of Sydney, including the gleaming white sails of the Sydney Opera House and the buzzing restaurants and bars of Darling Harbour. Take a stroll around the peaceful Botanic Gardens, learn to surf on world-famous Bondi Beach or take the ferry to Manly for magnificent views of the Harbour Bridge. While you’re here, you’ll ascend the bridge’s inner arch, see its internal structure and take in fabulous views of the Sydney Opera House.
4.5* PARKROYAL Darling Harbour
Here on the Great Barrier Reef you’ll find sweeping sandy beaches, crystal clear blue waters and a plethora of underwater life. While you’re here, choose to snorkel among the corals, kayak around the island or visit the impossible white Whitehaven Beach. You can also choose to take a sailing trip or a scenic flight, or perhaps head inland and hike among the forests.
4* Reef View
Continue to Port Douglas and discover the underwater delights of the Outer Great Barrier Reef. You’ll spend the day on the warm azure seas, where you can choose to snorkel or dive among the colourful corals, keeping a look out for clown fish, groupers and parrotfish. Port Douglas is also a great base for trips to Cape Tribulation and its 135 million-year-old rainforest, where you can hike, drive or even zipline through the trees.
4.5* Shantara Resort
Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Day Tour Cape Tribulation - Go Wild day tour