Southern African Predators
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
... to vast herds of elephants, and everything in between. Set off on this once-in-a-lifetime Journey, taking in all of the Southern Africa essentials, from a classic safari in Kruger National Park, to feeling the spray of the mighty Victoria Falls and admiring the splendour of dreamy Cape Town.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the many sights of stunning Cape Town
- Face your fears as you dive with great white sharks
- Feel the ‘smoke that thunders’ on a Flight of Angels over Victoria Falls
- Gaze at vast herds of elephants in Chobe National Park
- Experience the diversity of three very different countries: South Africa, Zimbabwe & Botswana
- Spot the Big Five on safari
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- 11 nights in 5* hotels
- 4 days car hire
- Guided Cape Cuisine Walking tour
- Shark Cage Diving
- 7 game activities
- Croc City entrance fee
- Flight of Angels (12-13 minutes) helicopter ride
- Victoria Falls tour
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
- Time difference: GMT+2
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa for South Africa or Botswana but will need one for Zimbabwe; please speak to your consultant for more information.
- Language: South Africa – 11 official languages including English & Afrikaans, Botswana – English & Setswana, Zimbabwe – 16 official languages including English.
- Currency: South Africa – South African Rand (ZAR), Botswana – Pula (BWP), Zimbabwe – Zimbabwean dollar (ZWD), US dollars preferred in Zimbabwe.
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: South Africa – 3 large round pins, Botswana & Zimbabwe – same as UK
- Voltage: 220-240V
Fly from UK to
Welcome to Africa’s most beautiful city! Surrounded by majestic mountains and twinkling blue sea, Cape Town is crammed with enough gorgeous natural attractions and fascinating cultural sights to keep you occupied for weeks. Head to stunning Stellenbosch to savour the traditional Cape food and fine wines on a walking tour, then get your adrenaline pumping on a cage dive with great white sharks. Back in town, take your time to discover this wonderful city, from the colourful blooms of Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, to the bustling V&A Waterfront overlooking Table Bay, all set against the dramatic backdrop of Table Mountain.
5* Twelve Apostles Hotel
Guided Cape Cuisine Walking Tour White Shark Cage Diving
Fly on to the Sabi Sands Reserve on the border of Kruger National Park, one of Africa’s best safari destinations with excellent concentrations of game and high-quality wildlife sightings. Head out into the bush with your qualified guide and see if you can spot the Big Five on the safari of a lifetime. Search for lion, leopard and rhino, as well as over 500 bird species and numerous insects and reptiles. Don’t forget the varied flora as well, with giant baobab trees and the curious-looking sausage tree in abundance. For the quintessential safari experience, stop at a local beauty spot and watch the sunset with a cool gin and tonic – bliss!
5* Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
4 Game Drives
Next stop is the up-and-coming city of Johannesburg, a modern, cosmopolitan metropolis that has flourished in recent years. Take a trip to Croc City for the chance to view the many crocodiles and other reptiles at close range, and don’t forget your camera. Feeling fearless? Why not suspend yourself just 5m above the crocodile pool on the newly-installed zipline. After all that excitement, it’s time to check in to your conveniently located hotel, which offers a full range of facilities, from massages and saunas to high-quality dining.
5* InterContinental OR Tambo Hotel
Croc City Entrance Ticket
Head to the airport for your flight to Zimbabwe, home to one of the seven natural wonders of the world – the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls. Known in the local Kololo language as ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’, the ‘Smoke that Thunders’, the Falls are quite a sight to behold. This World Heritage site offers a range of activities, from relaxing boat trips and romantic sunset cruises, to nerve-racking cliff-edge swimming (low water levels only) and exhilarating bungee jumping from Victoria Falls Bridge. Feel the spray as you soar above the water and view the zig-zagging cataract of the Falls Gorge on the iconic Flight of Angels helicopter ride. Afterwards, take a guided tour of the Falls, and if you come in the rainy season (November–April), be prepared to get wet!
5* Elephant Camp
Flight of Angels (12-13 minutes) Helicopter Ride Victoria Falls Tour
Chobe National Park
Hop over the border into Botswana and head straight for Chobe National Park, renowned for its massive herds of elephants. The Chobe River is popular with these magnificent creatures, who come down to the water’s edge for a refreshing drink, so see if you can spot them from your riverside lodge, or head out onto the water on a boat safari for a closer look. If you’re lucky you might even see them swimming, using their trunks like a snorkel. Admire the gorgeous golden sunsets on an evening river cruise, then, once the sun is down, don’t forget to look up into the darkness at the millions of stars, unblemished by light pollution. Finally, set the alarm for your early-morning game drive, where you can hope to see buffalo and zebra, as well as the ubiquitous elephant, and if you are lucky you might hear the roar of a lion or two.
5* Chobe Game Lodge
3 game activities