South Australia in Depth
... the wildlife-filled wilderness of Kangaroo Island and two of the country’s most important wine growing regions: the Barossa and Clare valleys. With a Mediterranean climate, outstanding scenery and plenty of tempting gastronomic delights, give this wonderfully laid-back region the time it deserves.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Visit Kangaroo Island, the 'zoo without fences' for some of the best wildlife experience in Australia
- Tuck in to exceptional dishes and taste some of Australia’s finest wines
- Tour the excellent vineyards of the Barossa Valley
- See the spectacular natural basin of Wilpena Pound from the air
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4–4.5* hotels
- 8 days car hire
- Insider's Adelaide Market Walking Tour
- Return Cape Jervis–Kangaroo Island Car Ferry
- Best of Barossa Tour
- Wilpena Pound 20-minute Scenic Flight
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Adelaide Airport (ADL)
- Time difference: GMT+ 9.5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 21 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Adelaide
Discover Adelaide’s rich cultural and artistic heritage, not to mention the fabulous food and wine. Adelaideans love to eat out, and they’re spoilt for choice, with entire streets dedicated to dining.
4.5* Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
includes an Insider's Adelaide Market walking tour
Sail across to the wildlife-rich paradise of Kangaroo Island, explore its numerous intriguing geological formations and encounter the native kangaroos, penguins and birds.
4* Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge
Includes return car ferry between Cape Jervis and Kangaroo Island
Sip Shiraz among the church-dotted hills and manicured vineyards of the Barossa Valley, where you'll also learn more about the complex wine-making process.
4* Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
Includes a Best of Barossa tour
Head for the jagged peaks of the breathtaking Flinders Ranges National Park and soar high above the spectacular natural amphitheatre of Wilpena Pound on a scenic flight.
4.5* Rawnsley Park Station
Includes a 20-minute scenic flight
Explore the boutique wineries of the beautiful Clare Valley, famous for its top-notch Riesling. Smaller and more personal than the Barossa Valley, this delightful region still retains an idyllic rural feel.
4* Clare Country Club
Set off in search of wild dolphins, watch the sunset over Holdfast Bay or grab your deck chair and chill out on the beach in charming Glenelg, one of Adelaide’s most popular suburbs.
4.5* Oaks Plaza Pier
Depart Glenelg and return to the UK
Book by 01st November 2016 and SAVE up to £410 per person
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.