South Africa Family Adventure
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Gaze out over panoramic views of Cape Town from the top of Table Mountain
- Enjoy family-friendly activities such as treasure hunts and specially-tailored game drives
- Taste the delicious wines among the glorious vineyards of Stellenbosch
- Try out some of the many outdoor adventures on offer at Grootbos Nature Reserve
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 9 nights in 4-5* hotels
- 10 days’ car hire
- Cape Point & Peninsula tour
- Nature walks and horse riding in Grootbos
- Game drives in Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
Need to know
- Arrives: Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
- Time difference: GMT+2
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: 11 official languages including English and Afrikaans
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230V
Fly from UK to
It’s a fabulous city to visit with the youngsters, with the colony of African penguins at Boulders Beach a particular favourite. Children of all ages will be entranced as they watch the birds waddle up and down the beach and play in the surf, and you can snap some great close-up photos. Simonstown’s exceptional toy museum is also worth a visit, as is getting up close to the animals at Butterfly World and the delightful Cheetah Outreach program. Be sure to marvel at the marine life in the world-class Two Oceans Aquarium, one of the best aquariums in the whole world. And don’t forget chocolate tasting – fun for all the family.
4* Waterfront Village
Table Mountain & Cape Town City Tour
Here, you’ll stay at the Spier Hotel, a working farm, perfect for keeping the children entertained while you taste the wines, plus they put on plenty of activities at their Kids Clubhouse. Don’t miss Stellenbosch’s quirky Toy and Miniature Museum filled with detailed 1/12th scale models of houses, toys, dolls, and even South Africa’s famous Blue Train, will enchant both children and adults alike.
4* Spier Hotel
Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
Sanbona encompasses 58,000 hectares, home to a huge variety of wildlife, including the fabled Big Five, as well as some 3,500-year-old San rock art. Here you’ll stay at the delightful Gondwana Family Lodge, which offers a fantastic Kids on Safari programme, teaching children about the wildlife through interpretive trails and puzzles and games.
5* Gondwana Family Lodge
Grootbos Nature Reserve
The 1,750 hectare reserve is home to over 750 species of plants, and seals, penguins and great white sharks swim in the cool waters. Grootbos is particularly geared for families and offers babysitting plus a long list of activities – choose from horse riding, guided walks, coastal drives, rabbit petting, cave visits, birdwatching and collecting the freshly-laid chicken eggs for breakfast, to name just a few.
5* Grootbos Nature Reserve