Starting with the paradise beaches of Phuket, you’ll cruise the clear waters of the Andaman Sea on the StarClipper, ...
... a luxury four-masted tall ship, and explore the islands and beaches that dot the coast. After spending time in Penang, Ko Rok Nok and Phang Nga Bay, you’ll return to dry land and discover the emerald forests of Khao Lak, where you’ll meet the majestic residents of Elephant Hills.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Cruise the Andaman Sea in a four-masted tall ship decked out in polished brass and brightwork
- Laze on Phuket’s gorgeous beaches and check out the appropriately-named Big Buddha
- Spend time with the elephants at Elephant Hills, home to 12 beautiful rescued Asian elephants
- Explore the thick forest-clad hills and multi-coloured coral reefs in Khao Lak
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights
- Authentic local experiences
- 6 nights in 4–5* hotels
- 7-night Starclipper cruise
- 2-night Elephant Hills Jungle Lake Safari
- All transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require visa for stays of less than 30 days
- Language: Thai
- Currency: Thai baht (THB)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to Phuket
Have a go at sea canoeing along the shores of Phuket, Thailand’s largest island, joined to the mainland by two bridges. There’s plenty to discover: tour the temples, check out the Big Buddha and feast on freshly cooked pad Thai in the numerous restaurants. Choose to trek the jungle pathways and browse the markets, take a day trip to the idyllic Phi Phi Islands or just sit back and relax on the pure white beaches.
Set sail on a seven night cruise onboard the tall ship StarClipper, taking in the beaches of Thailand’s lesser-known islands, with a side trip to Penang in Malaysia thrown in too. Cruise into Ko Hong and try your hand at sea kayaking among the dramatic karst rocks and pristine white sand beaches, and when not taking in the sights, relax in the onboard bar, restaurant and pool or find a comfy spot on deck and watch the world go by.
Learn more about the mighty Asian elephant at Elephant Hills, a well-renowned rescue centre for Asian elephants set deep in the thick jungles of Khao Sok National Park. Bathe them, feed them and learn about the conservation efforts surrounding these magnificent creatures. No riding or trekking with the elephants is involved here – although you are free to hike or canoe along the river if you wish. Staying in a floating room on the river, you’ll be at one with this wonderfully natural place.
Check out the picturesque mountain scenery of Khao Lak and explore its evergreen forests. With over 20km of soft sandy beaches, this is a relaxing spot to finish your Journey. If you fancy being active, trek to nearby waterfalls and look out for local wildlife, or if you’d prefer to just chill, grab a cocktail and find a shady spot by the sea, or sign up for a massage or pampering session at your hotel’s spa.
Depart Khao Lak and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.