Rhythms of the South
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
... taking in the country notes of Nashville, the blues themes of Memphis and the jazz clubs of New Orleans. As well as discovering the delights of these cities and sampling their hearty soul cuisine, you’ll visit Elvis’s home at Graceland and enjoy live music performances at Nashville’s revered Grand Ole Opry and on a Mississippi Jazz Cruise from New Orleans.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Take in a lively country music concert at the Grand Ole Opry
- Tour Memphis’ Graceland, the former home of Elvis Presley
- Set sail on an evening jazz cruise on the Mississippi River
- Soak up the history and culture of New Orleans’ famous Bourbon Street
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights with American Airlines / British Airways
- 7 nights in 4* hotels
- 7 days' car hire
- Grand Ole Opry ticket
- Graceland tour
- Evening Jazz Cruise
Need to know
- Arrives: Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Time difference: GMT-5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 10 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Nashville
Take a look around the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, which tells the tale of country music and includes plenty of music memorabilia, films and photographs. Later, explore the Johnny Cash Museum before enjoying a live musical performance at the world-famous Grand Ole Opry. Stepping away from the music for a moment you can admire the striking AT&T tower, whose two spires have earned it the nickname ‘the Batman Building’.
4* Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
Grand Ole Opry ticket (Tuesday, Friday and Saturday only)
Get yourself down to Beale Street, where it all began, and explore the many live music clubs and bars. Spend some time walking along the Mississippi River, and be sure to check out the National Civil Rights Museum, housed in the Motel where Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated in 1968. While in Memphis, you’ll tour the Graceland mansion, the former home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll.
4* River Inn of Harbor Town
One of the USA’s oldest cities, its streets are filled with quirky bars and restaurants, historic buildings and welcoming, southern soul. Start in the French Quarter, and take a look around the music clubs and antique shops, before sampling the hearty local Cajun food. In the evening, take in a live jazz performance on your evening cruise along the lit-up Mississippi River.
4* Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
Evening Jazz Cruise