The Rhinos of Kaziranga
... one-horned rhinos, river dolphins, Indian tigers and over 400 species of birds.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Get to know the locals over a cuppa in a Kolkata coffee house
- Visit the remote forests and grassy marshlands of Kaziranga National Park
- Hop in a jeep and go in search of the endemic Indian one-horned rhinoceros
- Take to the waters of the Brahmaputra River to seek out the rare river dolphin
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 7 nights in 4* hotels
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Kolkata City Tour
- 4 jeep safaris in Kaziranga
- Dolphin boat safari in Kaziranga
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: A cup of coffee with the locals in Kolkata
Need to know
- Arrives: Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel
- consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 13 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
- Please note this Journey does not operate from 01 MAY to 31 OCT, as the national park is closed during this period
Fly from UK to
Touch down in the bustling megalopolis of Kolkata, formerly known as Calcutta. A cultural hotspot brimming with history, Kolkata is peppered with colonial architecture and rare book shops. Visit the colourful flower market and the stunning Dakshineswar Kali Temple, then join the locals for a chat over a coffee in a cosy café. This unique experience will give you an insight into the Bengali custom of ‘adda’, meaning ‘intellectual exchange’, a casual meeting with friends to while away the time discussing life, the universe and everything over a hot cuppa.
4* Peerless Inn
Includes a full-day city tour of Kolkata; a Journeys exclusive: A cup of coffee with the locals
Kaziranga National Park
Board your flight to remote Kaziranga National Park, a World Heritage site carpeted with thick forests and elephant grass, dotted with swampy marshlands, and criss-crossed by winding rivers. This out-of-the-way reserve is home to herds of Asian elephants and over three quarters of the world’s population of the rare Indian one-horned rhinoceros. Head out on an exhilarating early-morning safari in search of these majestic creatures, a truly memorable experience. Take to the Brahmaputra River and see if you can spot the endangered Gangetic dolphin and perhaps an otter or two. Twitchers will be in their element here – the park is home to over 400 bird species, including the blue-bearded bee-eater and the great hornbill.
4* Iora Retreat
Includes 4 jeep safaris & a dolphin boat safari
Return to Kolkata for one last night, stock up on those last-minute keep-sakes and look back over your time in this fascinating country.
4* Peerless Inn
Depart Kolkata and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.