Queensland Wildlife & Nature
From whales and dolphins to birds and dingoes, and that’s not forgetting the corals, forests, waterways and gorges, there are plenty of natural wonders to discover. Fly over the Great Barrier Reef, explore the Daintree Rainforest and get up close and personal with wild dolphins on this varied Journey.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Meet the wild dolphins of Tangalooma, who come right up to the beach at feeding time
- Cruise the calm waters of the Noosa Everglades and get closer to nature in a canoe
- Fly over the Great Barrier Reef in a seaplane and see this natural wonder from the air
- Explore the forests of Cape Tribulation and the Daintree, and discover Mossman Gorge
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 18 nights in 4-5* hotels
- 17 days car hire
- Tangalooma Wild Dolphin tour
- Australia Zoo one day entry
- Noosa Everglades River Cruise
- Fraser Island 4WD full day tour
- Reef & Whitehaven Beach scenic flight
- Great Barrier Reef adventure
- Cape Tribulation, Daintree Rainforest & Mossman Gorge
- All ferry & airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Brisbane
Explore the vibrant riverside city of Brisbane, take a look around the excellent Australia zoo and meet the wild dolphins of Tangalooma.
4.5* Next Hotel Brisbane
Tangalooma Wild Dolphin tour Australia Zoo one day entry
Spot Koalas in Noosa and take a leisurely hike in Noosa National Park to admire the ocean views. Cruise the Noosa Everglades and explore this pristine waterway by canoe.
5* Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas
Noosa Everglades Bar-B-Canoe Lunch River Cruise
Check out the art galleries of Maleny, found among the cool, wild forests of the Hinterland. Explore by mountain bike or hike among the trees.
5* Spicers Tamarind Retreat & Spa
Wade through crystal clear creeks, bathe in saltwater pools and climb towering sand dunes on Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island.
4* Kingfisher Bay Resort
Fraser Island Personalised 4WD full day tour
Hervey Bay is all about the whale watching, which is at its best between July and November when migrating humpbacks swim by. Dolphins can be spotted year-round.
4* Mantra Hervey Bay
Look for turtles, reef sharks and mantas on Heron Island. Also home to 120,000 birds, the island is a haven for wildlife both above and below the waves.
4* Heron Island Resort
Take to the skies above the Great Barrier Reef and see the Whitsunday Islands by seaplane. You’ll fly over the beautiful Whitehaven Beach, Hardy Lagoon and the iconic Heart Reef.
5* Peppers Airlie Beach
Reef & Whitehaven Scenic Flight Great Barrier Reef Adventure
Make friends with the wallabies on Magnetic Island, take a scenic walk or kayaking trip along the coastline or dive beneath the waves and explore the underwater world.
5* Peppers Blue on Blue
Snorkel or dive the colourful corals of the Great Barrier Reef from Cairns, or if water’s not your thing, see it from the comfort of a semi-submersible.
4.5* Pacific Hotel Cairns
Discover Cape Tribulation from Port Douglas. End your holiday in the beautiful surrounds of Port Douglas and visit the oldest living rainforest in the world – the Daintree.
5* Thala Beach Nature Reserve
Cape Tribulation, Daintree Rainforest & Mossman Gorge
Depart Port Douglas and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.