Queensland Coastal Self Drive
At every stop you’ll be greeted by endless beaches, breathtaking landscapes and laid-back towns – soak up Queensland’s coastal charm and uncover all this region has to offer.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Ride the waves or relax on the beach in striking Surfers Paradise
- Tour the coloured lakes and crystal-clear rivers of Fraser Island
- Uncover the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef
- Explore the verdant lowland coastal rainforest of Daintree
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 16 nights in 4–5* hotels
- 14 days car hire
- Boat transfers from Hervey Bay to Fraser Island
- 4x4 Beauty Spots tour of Fraser Island
- Boat transfer from Airlie Beach to Hamilton Island
- Great Barrier Reef Adventure
- Cape Tribulation & Daintree tour
Need to know
- Arrives: Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Brisbane
Explore the cosmopolitan riverside city of Brisbane, a laid-back yet buzzing metropolis with friendly residents and a great café culture.
4.5* Adina Hotel Apartments Brisbane
Drive to picture-perfect Surfers Paradise, capital of the Gold Coast. Not just for surfers, there are plenty of water sports on offer, or you could just relax on the dazzling beach.
4.5* Mantra Legends Hotel
Soak up the sun in the boutique resort town of Noosa, a perfect place to kick back and relax while exploring the stylish boutiques, varied restaurants, relaxing spas and welcoming beaches.
4* Mantra French Quarter
Using picturesque Hervey Bay as a base, explore the sights of the World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world.
4* Ramada Hervey Bay
Includes a 2-night Kingfisher Resort Adventure Package
Relax on the beach in the petite seaside town of Yeppoon, which boasts over 300 days of sunshine per year.
4* Oshen Apartments
Discover the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef from Hamilton Island, part of the Whitsunday Islands and fringed by immaculate white beaches.
4* Reef View Hotel
Includes a Great Barrier Reef Adventure tour
End your holiday in the beautiful surrounds of Port Douglas and visit the oldest living rainforest in the world – the Daintree.
5* QT Port Douglas
Includes a Cape Tribulation & Daintree Rainforest tour
Depart Port Douglas and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.