Queensland Coast & Reef
... wrasse and rays that call this vast ecosystem home. You’ll have plenty of time for above ground adventures too – from trekking in lush rainforests to lazing on soft white beaches, plus exploring two of Queensland’s liveliest cities.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Set sail on a 7-night cruise taking in the best islands, corals and beaches of the Great Barrier Reef
- Spend the day meeting the kangaroos, koalas and emus of Australia Zoo
- Take in the rugged scenery and coloured sands of the Great Beach Drive from Noosa
- Hand feed wild dolphins and learn more about their behaviour in Tangalooma
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 10 nights in 4-5* hotels
- 4 days car hire
- 7 night Great Barrier Reef Cruise
- Dolphin Adventure tour
- Australia Zoo one day entry
- Great Beach Drive
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Cairns Airport (CNS)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Cairns
Walk along Cairns’ breezy esplanade and soak up the sea views. Grab an outside table in a sunny spot at one of the city’s many cafes and watch the world go by.
4* Mantra Esplanade
Great Barrier Reef
Set sail on a 7-night island-hopping cruise, taking in the kaleidoscopic corals and fish of the Great Barrier Reef, and lazing on perfectly white sandy beaches.
Coral Expeditions Great Barrier Reef Cruise
Head to Brisbane and feed the friendly local bottlenose dolphins as they come to the shore on your Dolphin Adventure Tour to Tangalooma.
4.5* Mantra on the Quay
Dolphin Adventure tour
Drive to the glorious Sunshine Coast and meet the animals at Australia Zoo. Relax for the evening in the natural surrounds of your luxury accommodation at the peaceful Spicers Tamarind Retreat & Spa.
5* Spicers Tamarind Retreat & Spa & 4.5* Mantra Mooloolaba Beach
Australia Zoo one day entry
Arrive in Noosa and spend the day driving the spectacular 70km-long Great Beach Drive, passing dramatic canyons, coloured sands, lush rainforests and glittering lagoons at every turn.
4* Mantra French Quarter
Great Beach Drive
Sail across to Fraser Island and discover its colourful lakes and towering sand dunes. You’ll swim in crystal clear creeks and bathe in natural rock pools, keeping an eye out for dolphins offshore.
4* Kingfisher Bay Resort (adventure package)
Depart Fraser Island and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.