Quebec and Ontario Explorer
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
... this one-week trip serves up the best of central Canada.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Embrace the ethnic diversity of Toronto and Montreal
- Witness how Canadian maple syrup gets from trees to your pancakes
- Appreciate the evening call of the loon beside a campfire at your lakeside cottages
- Visit Ontario's award-winning wine region for a taste
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 6 nights in comfort hotels, 2 nights in a lakeside cottage
- 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport: Air-conditioned private touring van, hiking, walking
- Orientation walk through historic old Montreal
- Visit an authentic sugar shack for a local lunch and sample maple syrup
- Ottawa orientation walk including Parliament Hill and the Byward Market
- Evening walk in Niagara Falls
- Winery tour and tasting
- Orientation walk in Toronto
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout
Need to know
- Small group experience; Max 9, Avg 7
- Speak to your travel consultant about extending your trip pre or post tour
Arrive to Montreal at any time. Enjoy an optional group dinner and trip presentation.
A full day to discover Montreal with its 17th and 18th century streets and architecture, its fine restaurants and boutiques, the Mount-Royal mountain park and the Old Port. You can explore the city by foot or rent a Bixi to cycle on one of the many cycling paths throughout the city. To learn about Montreal history and architecture, visit the Pointe-à-Callière Museum or visit the Biodôme where you could explore ecosystems of the Americas: tropical rainforest, Laurentian maple forest, Gulf of St. Lawrence, Labrador coast, sub-Antarctic islands. Try the famous Montreal Smoked-Meet sandwich, sesame bagels (the best on earth!) and a local beer at one of the many micro-breweries.
Montreal - Ottawa
Montreal - Ottawa
Today's drive includes a stop for lunch at an authentic sugar shack to learn about maple syrup, then on to Ottawa—the nation's capital. Enjoy a walk along Parliament Hill and through the Byward Market.
Ottawa - Algonquin Region
Ottawa - Algonquin Region
Trade the city for pristine nature in the Algonquin region where we spend two nights in lakeside cottages enjoying the great Canadian outdoors. Enjoy a campfire, hike the many trails and go canoeing. Keep your eyes peeled for moose, beavers, black bears and other wildlife. The quintessential Canadian experience as this is what the locals do to relax in the summer. The essence of Algonquin is in its vast interior of maple hills, rocky ridges, and thousands of lakes and rivers. The best way to explore the interior of this park is by canoe or on foot. Over 2400 lakes and 1200 kilometres of streams and rivers flow within this park, including Canoe Lake and the Petewawa, Nipissing, Madawaska, and Tim rivers. Our local guide will teach us how to control our canoe and paddle in teams on Kawawaymog Lake. You will have the chance to learn an authentic way of traveling, historically used by explorers and fur traders in Canada. Relax on the floating sauna at the end of the day and enjoy a great dinner. On day five, enjoy a hike in the surrounding forest and trip by canoe with wildlife interpretation, looking for loons, moose and beavers. Our local guide will prepare breakfast and lunch, and a BBQ meal on our return at the cottage.
Travel to Niagara Falls and take a walk to view the illuminated falls this evening. Opt to explore the city on your own or take the boat to get a closer look at one of the great natural wonders of the world. Next day, visit the wine region of Niagara-on-the-Lake for a winery visit and tasting. Return to Niagara Falls and have free time to explore, shop or visit the casino.
Head to Toronto where you'll take an orientation walk downtown. The rest of your time is free for you to explore on your own. There are many interesting neigbourhoods and sites all within walking distance of the downtown core. Why not visit the CN Tower, take a harbour cruise or explore some of the many culturally diverse neighbourhoods.
Not ready to leave? Your travel consultant can help with travel arrangements to extend your adventure.