Pacific Coast Highway in Luxury
... Santa Barbara and Santa Monica, where it’s wide golden beaches and top notch dining galore. And don’t forget the Napa Valley where you can sip on a cool glass of wine and tuck into a gourmet dinner overlooking the vineyards.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Marvel at sheer size of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
- Enjoy a romantic gourmet dinner aboard the Napa Valley Wine Train
- Drive the wild and winding coastal road of the Pacific Highway
- Soak up the rays along the shores of sun-kissed San Diego
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 14 nights in 4.5-5* hotels
- 11 days car hire
- Napa Valley Wine Train dinner tour
- Transfers in San Francisco aboard a private vehicle
Need to know
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- A one-way fee applies for the car hire in this Journey in the months of July & August; please ask us for details
- Travel in Style: Upgrade to business class flights for an extra £2737pp
Fly from UK to San Francisco
Take a wander up and down the hills of San Francisco and admire the glistening expanse of San Francisco Bay below, famously crossed by the 2.7 kilometre long Golden Gate Bridge.
5* Fairmont San Francisco
Sip on a cool glass or two of the Napa Valley’s wine and watch the vineyards roll by from the comfort of your seat on the Napa valley Wine Train.
5* Auberge Du Soleil
Includes a Napa Valley Wine Train dinner - 5:30pm
Step into your favourite fairy story in the quaint Californian village of Carmel, filled with pretty stone cottages, artisan bakeries and European style churches.
4.5* Bernardus Lodge
Feel the wind in your hair and gaze upon the wild and rugged coastline of Big Sur, watch the waves crash against the rocks and explore the vast wilderness of this breath-taking region.
5* Post Ranch Inn
Laze on the wide beaches of Santa Barbara and enjoy the outdoor life in this sunny city, filled with arts and history museums, gardens and pretty views.
5* Four Seasons Biltmore
Watch the sun set over the golden sands of Santa Monica and wander down to the famous pier, filled with arcades, a funfair and an aquarium as well as numerous bars, restaurants and concert venues.
5* Shutters on the Beach
Explore the museums and gardens of laid-back San Diego, head down to leafy Balboa Park and perhaps visit the world famous zoo.
5* U.S. Grant
Depart San Diego and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.