Northern Vietnam Encounter
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover the myriad of Hanoi attractions
- Explore the remote mountains while trekking in Sapa
- Travel to historic Son La
- Meet friendly H'mong tribes people
- Trek to charming Cat Cat village
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- Accommodation: Homestay (2 nights), Hotel (5 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night), Resort (1 night)
- Transport: Overnight sleeper train
- Activities: Ba Be Lake - Boat trip, Dong Van - Day trek, Hanoi - Temple of Literature
Need to know
- Group size: Min 4, Max 12
- Ages: Min 15
Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, is famous for its beautiful lakes, shaded boulevards, verdant public parks and its thriving Old Quarter, which is an architectural museum piece with blocks of ochre buildings retaining the air of a 1930s provincial French town.
Arrive in Lao Cai in the morning and transfer by road to Sapa, where you'll start the adventure with a walking tour of Sapa town and visit the town’s market where you can indulge in some local goods – for example, dyed fabrics, hemp plants and handmade textiles.
From Sapa, embark on the bus journey to Ha Giang province (approximately 7 hours). This is a beautiful highland region of lush forests and terraced rice paddies, with the dramatic mountains of Heaven’s Gate soaring in the background.
Depart for the first of many scenic mountain drives throughout Ha Giang province today. Stop at a local markets and traditional villages before continuing to Dong Van where you'll spend the night.
Ba Be Lake
Ba Be Lake
Travel to Ba Be where you'll board a houseboat to truly explore this beautiful area. The drive to Ba Be is approximately eight hours, but the views are breathtaking and the destination is well worth the trip.