Northern Territory in Depth
Start with the world’s most famous rock at Uluru in Australia’s Red Centre, before boarding the iconic Ghan train, finishing up with the stunning gorges and wildlife-rich billabongs of the Top End. This far-reaching Journey is wild, beautiful, and unforgettable.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Watch the sun setting at Uluru, one of the planet’s greatest natural wonders
- Board the iconic Ghan train for an overnight desert adventure
- Sail, kayak, or just walk along the dramatic cliffs of Katherine Gorge
- Explore the jagged scenery and ancient Aboriginal art of Kakadu National Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 11 nights in 4–4.5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 9 days car hire
- 1 night on board The Ghan train from Alice Springs to Darwin
- Uluru Sounds of Silence Dinner
- Kakadu Yellow Water Cruise
- Transfers in Darwin from The Ghan station to hotel
Need to know
- Arrives: Ayers Rock Airport (AYQ)
- Time difference: GMT+9.5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 26 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Uluru
You’ll never forget the first time you set eyes on the faceted red surface of Uluru, a sacred Aboriginal site and the definitive symbol of Australia.
4.5* Voyages Desert Gardens
Includes a Sounds of Silence Dinner
Not to be outdone by nearby Uluru, Kings Canyon’s towering walls and secluded waterholes are best viewed on the popular rim hike.
4* Kings Canyon Wilderness Lodge
Head to Alice Springs, gateway to the Red Centre. Take a look around this dusty, yet surprisingly modern town and shop for original Aboriginal art in the various markets and galleries.
4* Aurora Alice Springs
Hop on board the legendary Ghan train to Darwin on an epic desert crossing, one of the planet’s unmissable train Journeys.
Private Gold Sleeper Cabin
1 night on board the Ghan train from Darwin to Alice Springs
Live the outdoor life in relaxed Darwin, a youthful and prosperous city with a smattering of museums and, thanks to the tropical climate, year-round alfresco dining.
4.5* Mantra on the Esplanade
Canoe, kayak, or cruise the waters of the spectacular Katherine Gorge, found in the heart of Nitmiluk National Park, Katherine, and situated on its namesake river.
3.5* ibis Styles Katherine
Kakadu National Park
Sail along the Yellow Water Billabong in Kakadu National Park, chock-full of Indigenous wildlife, dramatic gorges, rugged escarpments and Aboriginal rock art.
4* Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel
Includes a Yellow Water Cruise
Return to Darwin for one more night. Enjoy one last dinner and look back at your Northern Territory adventure.
4.5* Mantra on the Esplanade
Depart Darwin and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.