Set off on an adventure through the Yukon in search of the Aurora Borealis, the bright ribbons of colour that are also known as the Northern Lights.
Staying in Whitehorse, you’ll spend your nights looking for one of nature’s most impressive spectacles, and your days exploring the Yukon’s wildlife and mountains, as well as trying out some winter sports such as dog sledding and snowshoeing.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Watch the bright colours of the Northern Lights dance across the sky
- Toast marshmallows around the campfire under a multitude of stars
- Tour the town of Whitehorse and the Takhini Hot Springs
- Choose from optional activities such as dogsledding, ice fishing, flightseeing or snowshoeing
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international & internal flights
- 3 nights 4* hotels
- 3-night Northern Lights of the Yukon tour
- Sightseeing tour of Whitehorse
- 3x Excursions to view the Aurora Borealis with hot drinks and snacks
- Takhini Hot Springs excursion
- All transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), available online
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 10 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Vancouver
Get out there and explore the sights of Vancouver, a cosmopolitan outdoorsy city. Perhaps ascend to the top of the 168m Vancouver Lookout for stunning city views or walk across the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge – which looks particularly pretty when adorned with fairy lights at Christmas. Set off on a foodie adventure as you take a look around the fresh produce of Granville Island Market, and sample the city’s finest food – try the fabulous dim sum in Chinatown and the excellent array of stylish waterfront restaurants.
Fly from the Vancouver to Whitehorse and transfer to your hotel. Tonight, you’ll have your first chance to view the Aurora Borealis, brightly coloured ribbons of light that illuminate the night sky. Take a look around Whitehorse, admiring the mountain views and learning more about the city’s gold rush history. Spend your days tobogganing, snowshoeing, ice fishing and dog sledding, with trips to the Yukon Ecological Reserve and Takhini Hot Springs also included. Look out for bighorn sheep, mountain goats, mule deer and elk, then spend your nights toasting marshmallows by the campfire and heading into the darkness on further Aurora hunting excursions.
Fly from Whitehorse back to Vancouver. On your last night be sure to savour the top-notch cuisine, covering everything from succulent wild salmon to pan-fried Japanese gyozas.
Depart Vancouver and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.