Northern California in Depth
... bridges and bay of San Francisco and the endless vineyards of the Napa Valley. Get your camera ready for the sequoia trees of Kings Canyon and the cliffs and waterfalls of Yosemite, and discover the underwater seascape of Monterey.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the hills and bay of San Francisco, taking in the iconic Golden Gate Bridge
- Gorge on fresh local foods and premium wines in the gorgeous Napa Valley
- Gaze upon mile after mile of stunning mountains, lakes and rivers in Yosemite National Park
- Discover the abundant undersea life in Monterey, and be sure to visit the aquarium
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 7 days car hire
- San Francisco City Insiders tour with Alcatraz
- Airport transfers in San Francisco
Need to know
- Arrives: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to San Francisco
Set sail across the glittering expanse of San Francisco Bay to the legendary island of Alcatraz, soak up the fabulous city views and admire the sheer size of the Golden Gate Bridge.
4* Hotel Zephyr
City Insiders tour with Alcatraz
Admire the rugged scenery of the Bodega Bay Headlands and keep an eye out for whales. Take a walk in one of the many parks or browse the impressive local art galleries.
4* Bodega Bay Lodge
Get back to nature in Mendocino County, where the Van Damme State Beach and Park offers scenic walking trails and cycling paths, as well as sea kayaking adventures.
3* Little River Inn
Taste your way around the sun-drenched Napa Valley and its collection of fine wines. It’s not just about the wine though – there are also artisan cheeses, craft ciders and freshly cured meats to feast upon.
4* River Terrace Inn
Hike the glorious mountains of Yosemite, where waterfalls plunge from sheer granite cliffs and giant sequoia trees tower over green meadows.
4.5* Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Sequoia Canyon National Park
Sleep among the forests of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park. Perhaps set off on a scenic drive or try your hand at horse riding, fly fishing or spelunking.
3* Wukasachi Lodge
Look for whales, dolphins and seals along Monterey’s rugged coastline. Monterey is perhaps most famous for its excellent aquarium filled with over 600 marine species.
4* Intercontinental the Clement
Depart Monterey and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.