North Island by Campervan
You have the freedom to choose where you go and how long for, so what are you waiting for? Hop in your campervan and uncover the North Island at its most remote and beautiful.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Set sail to the sweeping beaches of peaceful Waiheke Island from Auckland
- Relax and unwind in Rotorua’s natural hot springs and learn more about Maori culture
- Cruise through the spectacular Bay of Islands and look out for the ‘Hole in the Rock’
- Hike, bike or kayak Lake Taupo, and perhaps visit the rock carvings at Mine Bay
- Sip on fine wines among the vineyards and wineries of picturesque Martinborough
- Choose your route through New Zealand's spectacular North Island
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 1 night in a 4.5* hotel
- 12 days campervan hire
- 2-berth vehicle with toilet & shower
- Campervan inclusive pack
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Auckland Airport (AKL)
- Time difference: GMT+13
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English and Maori
- Currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Flying time from UK: around 27 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Arrive in the New Zealand’s largest city and contrast the blend of modern life versus traditional Polynesian heritage. Bursting with museums and galleries, fringed by harbours and flecked with volcanic cones, Auckland is both a natural and manmade playground. Stroll around the heritage houses of Parnell, the city’s oldest suburb, or head out on to the Hauraki Gulf and rub shoulders with the artists and millionaires who inhabit blissful Waiheke Island.
4.5* Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
Pick up your campervan and begin exploring. You are free to choose your own route through the North Island’s rolling vineyards, forest-fringed lakes, geothermal wonderlands and deserted beaches, stopping off as and when you choose. Soak in hot springs, learn about Maori culture and marvel at strange rock formations. Perhaps hop in a boat, glide into the darkness and gaze up at the thousands of green lights glittering above you in the mesmerising Waitomo Glowworm Caves, before returning to Auckland.
Britz Venturer Campervan
Depart Auckland and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.