New Zealand Explorer
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Cover the spectacular sights of both the North and South Islands as you set off on this Journey to discover the incredible natural marvels, fascinating history, welcoming cities and mesmerising wildlife which abound in this beautiful country.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the fascinating geological formations & Maori culture of Rotorua
- Admire one of New Zealand’s most gorgeous views at Lake Tekapo
- Take a relaxing cruise on beautiful Milford Sound
- Spot whales & dolphins in Kaikoura
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- 13 nights in our best-selling 4–5* hotels
- 11 days car hire
- Waiheke Island Explorer tour
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves entrance
- Rotorua Skyride & Lake Spa bathing
- Te Papa Museum tour
- Whale-watching in Kaikoura
- Milford Sound Cruise with lunch
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Auckland Airport (AKL)
- Time difference: GMT+13
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English and Maori
- Currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Flying time from UK: around 27 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Auckland
Soak up the sights of New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland, then sail across the Hauraki Gulf to the golden beaches of Waiheke Island and hang out with the artists and millionaires who inhabit them.
4.5* Citylife Auckland
Includes a Waiheke Island Explorer tour
Hit the Thermal Explorer Highway as you travel to the hot springs and bubbling mud pools of Rotorua, popping into the mesmerising Waitomo Glowworm Caves along the way.
4.5* Novotel Rotorua Lakeside
Includes the entrance to Waitomo Glowworm Caves; a Gondola Ride on the Skyride; a 1-hour bathing session at Lake Spa
Head to the lush wine-producing region of Hawke's Bay and take a stroll through charismatic Napier, admiring the Art Deco architecture and palm-lined streets.
4* Scenic Hotel Te Pania
Stop off in Wellington, the lively harbourside kiwi capital, with its flourishing café culture and where the National Museum Te Papa is an informative and enjoyable way of experiencing New Zealand’s history.
5* InterContinental Wellington
Includes an Introducing Te Papa Museum tour
Fly from Wellington to sunny Blenheim, in the heart of the country’s premier wine-growing region. Taste some of the delicious wines or explore the beautiful coastline of the Marlborough Sounds.
4* Scenic Hotel Marlborough
Take to the seas as you search for whales and dolphins in Kaikoura (seasonal) before continuing on to pretty Christchurch with its extensive parks and green open spaces.
4* Novotel Christchurch
Includes a Whale-watching tour in Kaikoura, on the way to Christchurch
Heading south from Christchurch, perhaps stop to enjoy the stunning views of Aoraki Mount Cook, then continue on to gorgeous Lake Tekapo to admire the photogenic scenery.
4.5* Peppers Bluewater Resort
Finish on a high in the adrenaline junkie paradise of Queenstown, filled with thrilling outdoor activities. Spend the day cruising the waters of stunning Milford Sound, observing all the glacially-carved cracks and crevices.
4.5* Peppers Beacon
Includes a Discover Milford Sound cruise with lunch